The *real* reason we lost

JCBoston

That may well be our first pick, but our first priority is offensive guard. We need to add a tackle in one form or another who can be in the top 3 in our rotation with Larry and McCargo making Kyle a high energy #4. If that is the top guy with our #1 pick, or a bargain in the third round or a free agent, that is fine.

But McCargo coming back makes DT a lower priority than OG where we have two below average players. We can get a guard in free agency or with a 2nd or 3rd round pick, however the off season plays out to get the best talent at the best value.

Our Run D is the #1 reason we lost this game and several other games this season, and between the line and linebackers it needs to be addressed.

But a year two of the system should see improvements for Kyle (who should hit the weight room with the energy he shows on the field), for Larry (who is in the prime of his career but will benefit from better support and came on stronger in the second half), for McCargo (who hopefully has been studying and learning hard while he has been recovering, and should still have a bright future). Add someone other than Andserson (preferably a little larger even if still "quick" for the scheme) and I think we will be alright.

I think that the linebackers weren't as responsible for letting three yard runs turn into 6 yard runs, but they were responsible for a lot of 6 yard runs turning into 14 yard runs. We dealt with the injury bug here. London isn't Ray Lewis, but I think he is a strong player and shouldn't be maligned for what happened as a team this year. I think TKO will be better at the start of camp than he was for this year, but if he cannot prove the full recovery as I hope, he might lose his spot. Ellison is encouraging, and Crowell is still good, and I think the two of them can be expected to be better football players in 2007 with their maturing. I would still be open to adding a special talent at this position (as at DT), but it isn't a position that can be upgraded with pretty good players.