Here's how we can still make it...

...by hiring a new coach

876918[/snapback]

I'm going to guess, based on your user name, that you would have -- quite rightly -- attacked those people who were calling for JP's head five weeks ago. You probably said, or would have said, that he needed more time. And you would have been right.

:nana:

...by hiring a new coach and playing good next season.

876918[/snapback]

You people are ill, really. I bet the stats exists that show that your odds of kicking a 45 field goal into a 20 MPH wind are worse than completing a 4th and 5.

It was an educated gamble and it didn't work.

Get real, this team has major flaws and even if they made it (I bet they wouldn;t have even with the win today and next week, write it down) they'd get killed.

It was a learning experience. That's how progress and growth works.

And for those who think Vince Young is the next Joe Montana.... give the league a while, they'll catch up to him like thet did with Vick.

You people are ill, really. I bet the stats exists that show that your odds of kicking a 45 field goal into a 20 MPH wind are worse than completing a 4th and 5.

It was an educated gamble and it didn't work.

Get real, this team has major flaws and even if they made it (I bet they wouldn;t have even with the win today and next week, write it down) they'd get killed.

It was a learning experience. That's how progress and growth works.

And for those who think Vince Young is the next Joe Montana.... give the league a while, they'll catch up to him like thet did with Vick.

876943[/snapback]

That's not the point. The point is that if you are in four down territory run the fricking ball on third down especially when you knwo they have to play pass. It was absurd the pass on both downs.

That's not the point.  The point is that if you are in four down territory run the fricking ball on third down especially when you knwo they have to play pass.  It was absurd the pass on both downs.

876982[/snapback]

It's not the playing calling then, it's the execution. Everyone is quick to let the players off the hook when they fail on the first 3 downs and then chastise the coach on the fourth down.

They failed to execute, end of story. You can't sit and like the play calling for 3+ quarters when they've put 29 points on the board and then complain about the 4th down call when they failed to excure on the first 3 downs. That's the players.

That's not the point.  The point is that if you are in four down territory run the fricking ball on third down especially when you knwo they have to play pass.  It was absurd the pass on both downs.

876982[/snapback]

Exactly you want to get a few yards closer and let Lindell kick it !

I have been Bagging on Steve Fairchild all season. This confrirms his stupidity. Keep the playbook and lose the Playcaller.

876997[/snapback]

Hell, if Royal doesn't lazy up and drag the second foot, bills get 7 and this is all a moot point. Coaches made some evry good calls today, but when you can stop the RB and let the QB run 30+ yards for a score at the end of the half you are going to loose.

The team is young and promising. We need some big bodies for the Dline who can make the game stopping plays we have lacked all year!

I'm a Bills fan, but I do not blindly defend there stupidity.  You kick with the game on the line.  Let's say the Bills convert and get in range for a 38 yarder, would you kick then?  It was a 45 yarder.  We've seen a far worse kicker nail a 63-yarder earlier this season.

877063[/snapback]

In that wind? Were you watching the game? Did you see what the winds in that end were doing to kicks all day?

A 45-yard FG at that end was not some sort of chip shot. It was chancy, at best.

I'm going to guess, based on your user name, that you would have -- quite rightly -- attacked those people who were calling for JP's head five weeks ago.  You probably said, or would have said, that he needed more time.  And you would have been right.

:thumbdown:

876936[/snapback]

I think experience is our beat tutor....we SHALL come back next year. PERIOD, DOT, END OF SENTANCE.