Can anyone tell me

Acantha

:nana:

876906[/snapback]

Though the very end was hard, we lost because the defense could not stop Young when the play broke down and he ijmprovised, or stop Henry consistently when he ran between the tackles. Bothe of the frirst two touchdowns were when the play broke down, the first one where Young looked to run then found a wide open receiver for the TD, the second at the end of the half when he scrambled for a 39 yard TD.

I put this one squarely on the defense. The offense did more than enough to win in bad weather conditions.

I knew that Young would give them fits. The Bills never play well against this kind of QB.

Well another reason is that the Bills got FGs instead of TDs.

876984[/snapback]

Great point. From my vantage point at the game, we clearly were having trouble stopping the run and were giving VY too much time in the pocket. Maybe we were concerned with his scrambling ability, but he killed us there anyway. But some days will be like that, and your O must do a bit more. We had several great drive starts due to poor TEN kicks into the wind. Those drives produced exactly one TD and that came on a third and 13 I believe. On paper 29 points looks good. But when you consider how many times we had 60 or less yards to go to paydirt, well most decent teams would have buried the Titans. A classic case of letting a team "hang around" and you could sense this result from the Royal f**kup onward. :thumbdown:

#3: Bills settled for field goals several times where they could have scored touchdowns (especially the first drive...1st and goal from the 3, run the ball three times, or at least the first two). Spills over into #2 below, but still a number of situations where executing the called plays better would have won the game for us.

#2: Playcalling/coaching: passing on two of the three plays from the 3 yard line on the opening drive, 3rd and 3 in the second and we kick the FG and give them the ball back with enough time for the TD. Fourth quarter 3rd and 1 after Willis has just gotten 9 on the first two runs, and we pass (no points on a drive starting at their 44!). Last drive throwing on 2nd and 6 (at least a short possession pass), and the throwing again on 3rd and 5. If we knew were weren't going to kick from there (which we had to know, but didn't), we should have given Willis three tries to pick up six yards.

#1: Run D. If you give up 215 rushing yards you are supposed to lose. A big weakness all year and it cost us big today.

Let's not hang our heads in shame. This season was a success as a building season with a young team under a new coach and new system. We are lined up to have a big off season and be a playoff team in 2007. But first let's beat Baltimore and cost them a bye just to leave our mark on the season.

Merry Christmas to all.