TSW Fundraising

Fezmid

All,

I'm sure there's lots of people who don't want to contribute money to SDS to help TSW out because they're not getting anything tangible in return (and it's not tax deductable). For those people, I"m offering the following incentive option.

As most know, I've been making DVDs out of Bills games for awhile. Most of them have nice menus, extra features, etc, etc. Well, I'm going to ofer the DVDs for a donation. If you send me $25, I'll send you three games of your choice and I'll forward all $25 to TSW. Three games costs me $10 in material ($2/disk, $4 shipping), so in essence I'm giving $10/order and you're giving $15. This is a great way to get some classic games on DVD as well as help out your favorate forum!

Any orders I receive today through Wednesday will go to the TSW fund. So send your orders in early!

The games I have available are:

Bills/Dolphins 12/2002 "Snow Bowl" game

Bills/Pats 9/7/03 "31-0" game

Bills/Jags 9/14/03 "37-14" game

Bills/Oilers "Comeback" game

Bills/Broncos preseason "McGahee and JP Losman" game

Bills/Titans game

* Note that the Bills/Titans game is missing the last 1 minute 30 seconds of the game due to NFL Network going over their alloted time (you basically miss the final fieldgoal). This one has no fancy menus/features.

** Tthe Comeback game features post-game interviews, but no fancy menus/features.

Non-credit card payments go to whit0421@yahoo.com; if you want to send a credit card payment, let me know and we'll work something out. If you want to send check/money order, let me know and that can be worked out as well.

At the end, I'll post results.

CW

hey, i cannot contribute at the moment** but i'll be donating some cash at a later date. Hope to either get in touch with you about the dvds, or have a computer capable of making my own for a similar donation program in the near future.

**I was laid off during the summer and now have a new teaching job, which pays me monthly with a hold on the first month's check... What does that mean? i'm eating ramen till october 10th!

oh i will, but ya gotta give me a bit of time, just had a head gasket blow on my van, let me get over this hurdle and i will be in.  i don't even want any dvds

3997[/snapback]

No problem -- if you don't want DVDs, send money directly to SDS (see link pinned to top of forums).

CW

I am giving SDS money at the tailgate party. Giving to SDS out of the goodness of my heart, dont need any incentives for that. Also, that I really appreciate the fact that their is an awsome family within the TBD'ers. This is priceless. But, in order to keep this loving family together. I have to do what is necessary put some necessary $$ in the pot.

Thank you SDS :w00t:

Hey Fez, I have the 51-3 AFC Championship Game game on video tape, and I've been thinking for a while about transferring it to DVD. Any interest in prodding me so you can add it to your collection? Or is this something you had planned?

Any chance you can make a DVD of that "Sounds of the Game" show?

4271[/snapback]

Yes, I'll be doing the "Sounds of the Game" for those who don't have NFL Network (someone else asked that today as well). However, I might not get to that for a couple of weeks due to another video project I'm working on I'll keep people posted. (It will probably also include a segment on TKO that was on MAAD Sports last year).

Hey Fez, I have the 51-3 AFC Championship Game game on video tape, and I've been thinking for a while about transferring it to DVD. Any interest in prodding me so you can add it to your collection? Or is this something you had planned?

I've wanted to convert that one for awhile, but everytime someone says they have it and will send it to me, they never do... :D Again, I probably wouldn't get to it until September/October timeframe, but I'd be more than happy to do the conversion and offer it to everyone. That was an AMAZING game where nothing went wrong. :rolleyes:

CW

Not to be a party pooper, but are you leaving yourself open to any copyright infringement? Maybe one of our many barristers might chime in.

4499[/snapback]

This has come up before. Yes, technically it's probably breaking copyright. However, it's being offered to such a small group that I doubt anyone will care (although if I get a cease and desist, I'll be desisting... :rolleyes: ). The fact that you can buy this stuff off of eBay at any given time leads me to believe that the NFL doesn't care yet:

http://search.ebay.com/bills-dvd_W0QQsokey...rectZ1QQfromZR8

CW

Yes, I'll be doing the "Sounds of the Game" for those who don't have NFL Network (someone else asked that today as well).  However, I might not get to that for a couple of weeks due to another video project I'm working on  I'll keep people posted.  (It will probably also include a segment on TKO that was on MAAD Sports last year).

I've wanted to convert that one for awhile, but everytime someone says they have it and will send it to me, they never do... :D  Again, I probably wouldn't get to it until September/October timeframe, but I'd be more than happy to do the conversion and offer it to everyone.  That was an AMAZING game where nothing went wrong. :D

CW

4462[/snapback]

Wow, so you're saying that if you can acquire some very high quality master tapes for all four AFC Championship games, you'd do a transfer to DVD?

:rolleyes:

All,

I'm sure there's lots of people who don't want to contribute money to SDS to help TSW out because they're not getting anything tangible in return (and it's not tax deductable).  For those people, I"m offering the following incentive option.

3988[/snapback]

This is nice but the tangible should be being able to get this site. SDS has given us this out of the goodness of his heart and NEVER asked for $ then had to be talked into it a few years ago. Much to my surprise the number who donated back then was so few but helped keep the board up. I think everyone who reads this can at least send $5.00 and that will be enough for a few years. My gosh that's what you spend on lunch at McDonalds. You sit there for hours reading it, pony up.

We've gotten a few takers.  Now that I'm caught up on the backlog, is anyone else interested?

CW

5501[/snapback]

bump for one last day... You can get the Broncos game, one of only two games that JP Losman may EVER play in (if you believe the negatives posts around here that is...)

(Note: This is for the fundraiser, not the Sounds of the Game DVD).

CW

Archived