Oh god, here we fuggin go again.....

Lv-Bills

Well, you're a better man than me then.  Cuz I watch sports programming most of time.  Especially when killing time.  And Favre is not only all over the NFL Network with this crap.....but he's all over ESPN TV today.  Sirius satellite radio.  PTI.  Around the Horn.  Front of the ESPN website.  Front of the USA Today website.  I'm sure there are more and more sites out there.  So, it's a little hard to escape.

Even when searching for some info on the Pittsburgh Penguins situation, you have to sit through Brett Favre BS to get it. 

It's old.  Annoying.  Very much so.  No one really cares this much.

874501[/snapback]

Erm, Sports Progamming when there isn't a game on is nothing but rehashing stories and creating stories to fill air time and draw advertisers.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, Sports Progamming when there isn't a game on is nothing but rehashing stories and creating stories to fill air time and draw advertisers.

874502[/snapback]

Yeah but ummmm, there is a game on. That's the only reason this is all re-hashing today. That brings us to the other Favre problem.....why are the Packers on countless primetime football games per year, especially the last few years?

Well, you're a better man than me then. 

Duh.

Cuz I watch sports programming most of time.  Especially when killing time.  And Favre is not only all over the NFL Network with this crap.....but he's all over ESPN TV today.  Sirius satellite radio.  PTI.  Around the Horn.  Front of the ESPN website.  Front of the USA Today website.  I'm sure there are more and more sites out there.  So, it's a little hard to escape.

"Around the Horn"? Are you fuggin' kidding me?

Even when searching for some info on the Pittsburgh Penguins situation, you have to sit through Brett Favre BS to get it. 

You might want to try this. I've found that it allows me to look at things I'm actually interested in and skip the chaff. Pretty cool.

It's old.  Annoying.  Very much so.  No one really cares this much.

874501[/snapback]

Try reading a book. Then you (and people like you) won't B word about seeing the same things over and over again. Diversification is REALLY, REALLY important in life.

Yeah but ummmm, there is a game on.  That's the only reason this is all re-hashing today.  That brings us to the other Favre problem.....why are the Packers on countless primetime football games per year, especially the last few years?

874505[/snapback]

Uh, because they're really popular nationally? Yep, that's it.

Duh.

"Around the Horn"?  Are you fuggin' kidding me?

You might want to try this.  I've found that it allows me to look at things I'm actually interested in and skip the chaff.   Pretty cool.

Try reading a book.  Then you (and people like you) won't B word about seeing the same things over and over again.  Diversification is REALLY, REALLY important in life.

874506[/snapback]

I was waiting for the holier than thou post. You finally got to it. Your trademark.

Well, you seem annoyed. Just think, the Brett Favre saga just reached you too. You been sucked in through secondary sources. The scope is farther than you can imagine.

Yeah but ummmm, there is a game on.  That's the only reason this is all re-hashing today.  That brings us to the other Favre problem.....why are the Packers on countless primetime football games per year, especially the last few years?

874505[/snapback]

No, the reason why there is all this re-hashing today, is because they are:

A.) Filling up pregame airtime by being able to wonder: IS THIS BRETT'S LAST GAME EVER AT LAMBEAU?! IS IT?!

B.) Cross-promoting a sport that networks carry.

Its the NFL Network who is promoting the game tonight to try to get people to care about it.

If there wasn't a game tonight, they'd be saying the same garbage about the game Saturday, or Sunday.

They are attempting to create stories to fill airtime and build audiences.

No, the reason why there is all this re-hashing today, is because they are:

A.) Filling up pregame airtime by being able to wonder: IS THIS BRETT'S LAST GAME EVER AT LAMBEAU?! IS IT?!

B.) Cross-promoting a sport that networks carry.

Its the NFL Network who is promoting the game tonight to try to get people to care about it.

If there wasn't a game tonight, they'd be saying the same garbage about the game Saturday, or Sunday.

They are attempting to create stories to fill airtime and build audiences.

874516[/snapback]

I agree with this. However, Brett Favre's press conference just fed the frenzy again with this crap. It was the main reason it gave the media to go this route. It's old Brett. Just play the game and shut up please. He's still entertaining, and worth the price of admission. We don't really need the self induced drama of a below standard NFL team every year.

I was waiting for the holier than thou post.  You finally got to it.  Your trademark.

I'm nothing if not consistant.

Well, you seem annoyed.  Just think, the Brett Favre saga just reached you too.  You been sucked in through secondary sources.  The scope is farther than you can imagine.

874509[/snapback]

Sorry man, not the least bit annoyed. Could care less, really. For some reason A LOT of you people just don't get the fact that this is my version of golf.

You did lose serious style points by admitting you actually watch the worst show in the history of sports talk television. Let me know how much that bothers you. :doh:

You did lose serious style points by admitting you actually watch the worst show in the history of sports talk television.  Let me know how much that bothers you.  :lol:

874522[/snapback]

That old one on Empire hosted by Paul Maguire and sponsored by Budweiser was pretty bad... might beat out ATH.

I'm nothing if not consistant. 

Sorry man, not the least bit annoyed.  Could care less, really.  For some reason A LOT of you people just don't get the fact that this is my version of golf. 

You did lose serious style points by admitting you actually watch the worst show in the history of sports talk television.  Let me know how much that bothers you.  :lol:

874522[/snapback]

Oh I'm not sure.......Let's see, there have been about 25 shows that have failed in that time spot on ESPN. This one has lasted forever. Must mean someone is actually watching it.

Including yourself, since you know just how "bad" it really is. Consider yourself a ratings point.

:lol:

It must be 1999 again huh?

874510[/snapback]

I'm sure that has something to do with it. No matter where I travel to, there are a ton of Packer fans. We share our bar here with their club. The waitresses hate them because they don't drink and they tip like sh--. They fight over who gets to wait on us because it's a guaranteed big cash day.

Oh I'm not sure.......Let's see, there have been about 25 shows that have failed in that time spot on ESPN.  This one has lasted forever.  Must mean someone is actually watching it. 

Including yourself, since you know just how "bad" it really is.  Consider yourself a ratings point.

:lol:

874524[/snapback]

I saw it once in a sports bar for about 30 seconds back when Max "Marblemouth" Kellerman was the host. That's the amount of time it took for both me and the bartender to decide it was the worst show in the history of sports talk television. I've never seen a minute of Steven A. Smith's show and I KNOW it sucks.

N'Sync sold a ton of albums to morons. That doesn't make them Led Zepplin, nor the people who watch them credible music critics.

I'm sure that has something to do with it.  No matter where I travel to, there are a ton of Packer fans.  We share our bar here with their club.  The waitresses hate them because they don't drink and they tip like sh--.  They fight over who gets to wait on us because it's a guaranteed big cash day.

874525[/snapback]

We have about 75 Browns fans in Richmond VA, who sit religiously in a bar down here every year, every week. They too are annoying. They too, wear Bernie Kosar jerseys, and bark every week. I don't think they deserve to be on TV what seems like every other week.

Of course, admittedly, they don't have anyone of Brett Favre's stature. However, I can pretty much bet my house that if the Packers were only on ONE primetime game next season, with Favre playing, that 99.5% of the country wouldn't be upset one bit. And like I said, I still enjoy watching Favre, just tired of his act.

I saw it once in a sports bar for about 30 seconds back when Max "Marblemouth" Kellerman was the host.  That's the amount of time it took for both me and the bartender to decide it was the worst show in the history of sports talk television.  I've never seen a minute of Steven A. Smith's show and I KNOW it sucks.

N'Sync sold a ton of albums to morons.  That doesn't make them Led Zepplin, nor the people who watch them credible music critics.

874529[/snapback]

UH HUH, you've seen it once, for 30 seconds. OK. Seems to me, you'd have forgot about it by now. After all, that was a long time ago that Kellerman hosted the show. And agreed, it was brutal when he was on there.

But yeah, you've seen it ONCE, for 30 seconds. LOL

Pst: It's OK, I won't tell anyone! Rating's point. It must have lasted so long, cuz no one has watched it since Kellerman. Yeah right.

Duh.

"Around the Horn"?  Are you fuggin' kidding me?

You might want to try this.  I've found that it allows me to look at things I'm actually interested in and skip the chaff.  Pretty cool.

Try reading a book.  Then you (and people like you) won't B word about seeing the same things over and over again.  Diversification is REALLY, REALLY important in life.

874506[/snapback]

LOL @ Around the Horn.

Now I know that Lv-Bills is an ESPN junkie who hangs on every words idiots like Colin Cownerd say.

Sad.

LOL @ Around the Horn.

Now I know that Lv-Bills is an ESPN junkie who hangs on every words idiots like Colin Cownerd say.

Sad.

874539[/snapback]

As opposed to the wealth of knowledge that we all exude here. Don't take yourself so seriously man. Really.

But no, Cowherd, I really don't listen too. I like most of the guys on Sirius. Especially Randy Cross. I think he's very knowledgable about a lot of teams. But even if a show is bad, you'd still listen to it for the train wreck effect of that show. A bad host is just as effective as a good one. You'll tend to tune in to a bad host just to hear how stupid their take is on a subject, as you would a good host. It works pretty much just the same.

But good try. It's amazing that all of you who don't listen or watch ESPN know so much about the network and all of it's hosts. Cracks me up.

Consider yourself a ratings point also.

Why do people think they should tell Brett Farve what to do with his life? The man is top 10 QB of all time. Just because you don't think he can't play, guess what, an NFL team still does. The Packers have let 3 of their top OL walk in the past two years along with a very good young WR. Does Farve make poor decisions? Hell yeah. But I would still take him over about 75% of the QBs in this league. Either way it's decision and people need to get off his sack.

Why do people think they should tell Brett Farve what to do with his life?  The man is  top 10 QB of all time.  Just because you don't think he can't play, guess what, an NFL team still does.  The Packers have let 3 of their top OL walk in the past two years along with a very good young WR.  Does Farve make poor decisions?  Hell yeah.  But I would still take him over about 75% of the QBs in this league.  Either way it's decision and people need to get off his sack.

874545[/snapback]

Ummmmm, I don't think this post was about that. It's about Brett's press conference.......

His presser today was kind of like.....that girl who weighed 100 lbs in high school saying that she's fat, just becaue she's kind of wanting attention.

Girl in high school who weighs 100 lbs: I'm so fat, no one thinks I'm pretty.

Geek in HS that wants to bang her: Oh, yes you are, you're not fat at all. I still revolve around everything you say and do.

Brett in pressers (for the 200th time): Oh, this might be my last game or it might not be. I'm not sure what I should do.

Media: No Brett, No, god no, say you'll play so I won't have to make your final highlight film and not have to talk about how good Donald Driver actually is. Please Brett. Please!

Until next week.