Eat Crow

erynthered

After pre season, I predicted the Bill's would go 4-12 in one of those prediction threads. Well, pass the crow. The Bill's have exceeded anything that I could have imagined this year.

Still, for next year, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I figured I'd get this out of the way now, so I could enjoy the last three games, without the Crow. :lol:  :lol:

874219[/snapback]

Im also cautious about next year--especially if we have ridiculously high expectations.Without improving our lines(especially on defense--schobel isnt reggie white no matter what the deluded on here think) ,signing clements and getting a healthy Spikes in there--we may be 6-10 next year.

Im also cautious about next year--especially if we have ridiculously high expectations.Without improving our lines(especially on defense--schobel isnt reggie white no matter what the deluded on here think) ,signing clements and getting a healthy Spikes in there--we may be 6-10 next year.

874618[/snapback]

Did Schoebel beat you up in school or something? Granted, he's not Reggie, and is certainly no Bruce, but is one heck of a player and is a great part of a team that is improving. The d-line could use some help, but I would say Scoebel is the least of your worries there. If you can't begin to get a little optomistic after the last 7 weeks, you may wan't to try a different team, or maybe a different sport.

Did Schoebel beat you up in school or something?  Granted, he's not Reggie, and is certainly no Bruce, but is one heck of a player and is a great part of a team that is improving.  The d-line could use some help, but I would say Scoebel is the least of your worries there.  If you can't begin to get a little optomistic after the last 7 weeks, you may wan't to try a different team, or maybe a different sport.

874624[/snapback]

I like Schobel. He is a tough above average D lineman. But he is not this great player that so many on here think. Thats all. He is a good part of a mediocre D line.-He is not 'one heck of' a player...sorry. He is a GOOD player. -Im just concerned that people think that our D line is in good shape.Its not. Its the D line of a 6-10 to 9-7 team at best.

I like Schobel. He is a tough above average D lineman. But he is not this great player that so many on here think. Thats all. He is a good part of a mediocre D line.-He is not 'one heck of' a player...sorry. He is a GOOD player. -Im just concerned that people think that our D line is in good shape.Its not. Its the D line of a 6-10 to 9-7 team at best.

874636[/snapback]

Not because of AS. You can point a finger at anyone else on the line but your attempt to downgrade the guy by comparing him to one of the Top 3 players ever to line up at the position is bull schitt.

I totally do not understand this. :lol:

874648[/snapback]

I think tcali is taking it to an extreme. It's not a great dline and definitely could use improvements. Paticularly at lde and at dt. Triplett is a good player and I think in the future Kyle Williams and McCargo will both be good, but it could use another body better then that of tim anderson to the rotation. The big Ted Washington/Pat Williams esque run stopper that everyone clamors for won't happen. I think while the dline could served to be upgraded I more so think we need lb's. A lot of the reason cover 2 gets beat with a ground game is not size it's simple tackling which falls a lot on the lb core. A Healthy Takeo Spikes and getting ellison more experience will definitely help.

I think tcali is taking it to an extreme. It's not a great dline and definitely could use improvements. Paticularly at lde and at dt. Triplett is a good player and I think in the future Kyle Williams and McCargo will both be good, but it could use another body better then that of tim anderson to the rotation. The big Ted Washington/Pat Williams esque run stopper that everyone clamors for won't happen. I think while the dline could served to be upgraded I more so think we need lb's. A lot of the reason cover 2 gets beat with a ground game is not size it's simple tackling which falls a lot on the lb core. A Healthy Takeo Spikes and getting ellison more experience will definitely help.

874653[/snapback]

Actually I was more taking issue with the entire concept that the quality of Dline...or any possition for that matter....will directly relate to the Win/Loss record of a team. We see teams with the best...or the worst...at every possition finishing with every combination of win/loss record.

Basically, we've got the Dline of a 7-7 team(because that is our record). We could improve in every other area and even get worse on the Dline & finish with 13-3 next season.....or we could have the best DL in the league & be garbage all over & end up 1-15.

Football is a team sport.

Fixed. :lol:

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Six. Seeya at the opener next season, and Roar Lions Roar on New Year's Day (Erik Ainge, meet Paul Posluszny.) ...

874344[/snapback]

LOL

Yes, 2001 was the year my enthusiasm died. I think I feel it returning though. Thank GOD we got rid of that bunch of Pittsburgh idiots.

And yes, GO LIONS.

After pre season, I predicted the Bill's would go 4-12 in one of those prediction threads. Well, pass the crow. The Bill's have exceeded anything that I could have imagined this year.

Still, for next year, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I figured I'd get this out of the way now, so I could enjoy the last three games, without the Crow. :beer:  :(

874219[/snapback]

I predicted them to go 11-5... :lol::lol:

And I am not too far off considering the Detroit and opening day close calls!

:bag:B-)