Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  Very funny.  :rolleyes:

How about we call the next Canadian submarine one of these names:

1. USS "Hey look Canada made a submarine  "

2. USS "The only Canadian boat that doesn't sink  :thumbsup: "

3. USS "Remove from box, remove from wrapper, fill with baking soda"

873320[/snapback]

Canada would have to get a submarine first, and chances are they would end up buying one of those new Polish Submarines with the screen doors (I am Canadian and Polish so I can joke about both :lol::cry: )

Normally I would go after crayonz for his hatred of the Canadians, but I can see the humor in this one. Although why would Canadian subs use the USS in their names?

Canada would have to get a submarine first, and chances are they would end up buying one of those new Polish Submarines with the screen doors (I am Canadian and Polish so I can joke about both  :rolleyes:  :lol: )

Normally I would go after crayonz for his hatred of the Canadians, but I can see the humor in this one. Although why would Canadian subs use the USS in their names?

873367[/snapback]

Canada would be:

HMS Gretzky

HMS Tim Horton

HMS Bryan Adams

Of course Red Green would be in charge of designing it. It would be an 86 Chevy Vandura with the doors caulked shut.

Canada would be:

HMS Gretzky

HMS Tim Horton

HMS Bryan Adams

Of course Red Green would be in charge of designing it.  It would be an 86 Chevy Vandura with the doors caulked shut.

873378[/snapback]

They already tried the HMS Tim Horton, but it sank because it had a big hole in the center. :rolleyes:

Canada would have to get a submarine first, and chances are they would end up buying one of those new Polish Submarines with the screen doors (I am Canadian and Polish so I can joke about both  :rolleyes:  :thumbsup: )

873367[/snapback]

:lol:

Canada has several capable subs...and though the boats may not be the latest, the mariners that hoist the flag of the Canadian Navy ply the oceans in first-rate fashion.

One might have pause with Canada's air and ground forces - their small size - but the Navy - small as it may be - is strong because of Canada's lifelong heritage of maritime activities.

That Navy is more than the raw numbers might imply...sailors second to none...

:rolleyes:

Canada has several capable subs...and though the boats may not be the latest, the mariners that hoist the flag of the Canadian Navy ply the oceans in first-rate fashion.

One might have pause with Canada's air and ground forces - their small size - but the Navy - small as it may be - is strong because of Canada's lifelong heritage of maritime activities.

873427[/snapback]

The same can be said about the Minnesota Vikings...

Canada would be:

HMS Gretzky

HMS Tim Horton

HMS Bryan Adams

Of course Red Green would be in charge of designing it.  It would be an 86 Chevy Vandura with the doors caulked shut.

873378[/snapback]

Sweeet.

Actually, the boats are pretty new and shiny British diesel-electric boats...save the one that, on its way over from England, caught fire in the middle of the Atlantic last year.  :lol:

873515[/snapback]

Didn't see that - shake-down cruise problem? Is it one of the recent Blom & Voss diesel "re-breathers" or licensee construction since you mention England??

Regardless, I stand by my assertion...Canadians are sailors of the first water...

Didn't see that - shake-down cruise problem?  Is it one of the Blom & Voss diesel  "re-breathers", for lack of my better description?

Nope. Ex-Upholder class. Only about 10-15 years old, from what I understand...not young, but still a first rate diesel-electric. Canadians took delivery in England, three days out on its way to Halifax, a fire started. I never heard what caused it, just that they found it wasn't human error.

Regardless, I stand by my assertion...Canadians are sailors of the first water...

873570[/snapback]

No argument...anyone who's read anything on WWII in the North Atlantic knows that.

Right now she's slated for decomming in 2013. With the way these things slip to the right it could just as well be 2023.

873319[/snapback]

I GUARANTEE you the enterprise wont be in commission in 2023. Anyone who has set foot on that ship in the last 10 years knows why.

And the worst part about naming a ship after Ford, is that not only is it the USS Ford, but its the USS FORD CLASS! It needs to be the America. End of story

i ran across a navy girl once named swallows and she was like an e2 or e3

Those of you familiar with Navy ranks will understand the humor in that

873625[/snapback]

I once knew a second class interior communications electrician named Cox. (IC2 Cox)

Oh, Naval Humor.

873427[/snapback]

I thought this was the Canadian Navy