Fletcher & Clements & Evans shunned for Pro Bowl

marauderswr80

With Fletcher & Clements not making the pro bowl does this hurt the Buffalo Bills chances at bringing them back? Honestly if Buffalo was more of a popular team I really do think they would have went to the pro bowl.

Face the facts only reason Schobel is there cause when people log onto NFL.com to check stats it shows his picture for leading the league in sacks, thats the only way people know about him....of course he deserves to go, im just saying not many people other then Bills fans see what Fletcher and Clements has done for this team this year. And to be honest I have a bad feeling this is going to hurt the Bills chances at keeping these 2 guys for next year. I dont know why I feel that way I just do......

I do have a feeling though some guys will drop out of the pro bowl or wont go and they will get in some how, same goes for Lee Evans. You always have a few guys that are elected to the pro bowl but dont go so they look for someone else to go.

However, Fletcher, Clements and Evans made a strong case to be in the pro bowl for the AFC squad!

All 3 were shunned!

Fletcher had strong competition with some popular names. Evans, while very good, has a hard time beating out: Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Lauverneous Coles etc. Clements turned it on recently but you have guys like Champ Bailey out there so that hurts his chances too. The Fletcher snub is the biggest shame, that guy is a warrior week in and week out.

they screwed Fletcher. evans and clements were just beat out by other players.

Fletchers has HUGE stats. his statssay it all. its !@#$ing pathetic. and just for the record, Fletcher has 2 Defensive TDs. if i see another nfl or espn stat saying he only has 1 i will seriously have to break something.

Fletcher had strong competition with some popular names.  Evans, while very good, has a hard time beating out: Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Lauverneous Coles etc.  Clements turned it on recently but you have guys like Champ Bailey out there so that hurts his chances too.  The Fletcher snub is the biggest shame, that guy is a warrior week in and week out.

872943[/snapback]

You make outstanding points!!!

However, with Fletcher & Clements, they have had 5 rookies starting on defense for them, and for them to shine like they have with their surrounding cast is why I think they are probowl worthy. Take Fletcher and Clements off this defense and trust me this team dont have 7 wins!

As for Evans, you are right.....AFC is loaded with WR's. But to think, Evans has a kid whos never played a full season in the NFL throwing the ball to him. Imagine the #'s he would put up with Brady, Manning, or Palmer throwing to him. This is not a knock on JP at all, its a knock on the way votes are casted.

When it comes to the Pro Bowl you need to look deeper into things. I bet if you asked an NFL fan who the top 10 WR's are in the league, Lee Evans name will not be mentioned!

I still feel all 3 where shunned.

Honestly, I'm not that worried about them getting snubbed. Yes, they all deserved to go, but this doesn't mean they're not excellent players worth being on this team. I'm happy they're on this team right now.

Maybe they'll gain some recognition when the Bills start winning more - the self-proclaimed experts usually don't pay attention until a team starts winning.

It won't make it harder to re-sign them, it makes it easier (or atleast cheaper) becuase they are not Pro-Bowlers. As for them being Pro Bowlers if they were on another team, it depends on the team. Fan voting is just a giant popularity contest and if ESPN isn't pushing you and your team every week, not many outside of your home town know who you are.