Well, I tried to upgrade the board...

SDS

Learned a little bit about "Repair with keycache" this morning. It would have taken days to make updates to the tables (although I have someone's anecdotal evidence on how to avoid this situation).

As it stood, it took 7.5 hours just duplicate the original database. :nana:

Oh well, I'll try again this week. Sorry for the pointless downtime.

we need to do this for security reasons, although I suspect a playoff game would be pretty hard on us performance wise. We'll see how this weekend goes. If events go right I might need to make contingency plans.

As for donations, anyone is welcome to make a contribution at:

paypal2

@

twobillsdrive.com

Thanks!

we need to do this for security reasons, although I suspect a playoff game would be pretty hard on us performance wise.  We'll see how this weekend goes.  If events go right I might need to make contingency plans.

As for donations, anyone is welcome to make a contribution at:

paypal2

@

twobillsdrive.com

Thanks!

873073[/snapback]

I've never done a paypal thing over the net. Can you (or someone) else tell me what's involved? Also, how much should I donate, i.e. whats a typical amount?

I'm not big on donations and all, usually. However, I visit this site all day every day and if there's anythig I can do to show my appreciation and ensure it continues to run, please let me know. I want to do my part.

I've never done a paypal thing over the net.  Can you (or someone) else tell me what's involved?  Also, how much should I donate, i.e. whats a typical amount? 

I'm not big on donations and all, usually.  However, I visit this site all day every day and if there's anythig I can do to show my appreciation and ensure it continues to run, please let me know.  I want to do my part.

873664[/snapback]

Donations are what you can afford, not a set amount. If you can only give $5, just give $5. If you want to donate $100, donate $100.

I've never done a paypal thing over the net.  Can you (or someone) else tell me what's involved?  Also, how much should I donate, i.e. whats a typical amount? 

873664[/snapback]

You sign up for a paypal account www.paypal.com. You will need to link a credit card to your account and/or your bank account. These should be where funds ultimately come from. Think of paypal as a middle-man in transactions.

When you want to pay someone (SDS in this case), you go to the 'Send Money' tab, enter the email address (which SDS provided above), amount you want sent and your email address. Voila - the money is charged to your funding account and sent to SDS. Very easy once you get used to it.

Donations are what you can afford, not a set amount. If you can only give $5, just give $5. If you want to donate $100, donate $100.

873701[/snapback]

I will as soon as I accumulate some extra funds now that I work full time. I use this board most of the time.

Thanks Scott.