Al Wilson in the Pro Bowl and Not Fletcher?!

SD Jarhead

This is a joke! If you look at linebacker stats, Wilson is in there on name only.

While it may be good for the Bill's salary cap that he didn't make it, it's too bad for London...

872617[/snapback]

...I think that DeMeco Ryans deserves it more than London Fletcher, and it really sucks that both of them couldn't be named as alternates.

Wilson doesn't deserve it, but Fletcher obviously does, and what DeMeco Ryans has done as a ROOKIE in HOUSTON is huge.

This is a joke! If you look at linebacker stats, Wilson is in there on name only.

While it may be good for the Bill's salary cap that he didn't make it, it's too bad for London...

872617[/snapback]

A Pro Bowl MLB should come from a team that can stop the run. That is a better stat than tackles, which pile up more and more the less you stop people.

A Pro Bowl MLB should come from a team that can stop the run.  That is a better stat than tackles, which pile up more and more the less you stop people.

872668[/snapback]

If that is an argument, then how did Thomas make it ?

A Pro Bowl MLB should come from a team that can stop the run.  That is a better stat than tackles, which pile up more and more the less you stop people.

872668[/snapback]

Good point. Although Fletch has been pretty damn good. Lots of tackle stats are deceptive however for a couple reasons , one they are not official and it is just up to the teams to distribute the tackle count as they best see fit. Secondly look at Crow he had plenty of tackles but he was horrible. Always getting dragged 7 yards while tackling and catching guys from the side, behind , since he always took bad angles and couldn't shed blocks. People ran his way knowing it usually is a 7 yard minimum run, no gap control no outside contain to his side. Partly his fault partly the rookie safeties.

How about Chris McCalister going while Nate Clements sits at home?  :nana:

Freaking comedy........

872689[/snapback]

how's that comedy? mcalister has been rock solid for what seems like his whole career, this year included.

how's that comedy? mcalister has been rock solid for what seems like his whole career, this year included.

872840[/snapback]

I wasn't intending to disparage Mccalister who I agree is a very solid corner. But he's also one of the leagues most protected corners playing behind the talented and agressive front7 which he does, while Nate is one of the league's most exposed corner regilarly matching up against opponents top receivers and getting no help whatsoever from a front7 that never ever sems to get any interior push to force bad decisions and bad throws.

While I like McCalister, at this point in their careers he's nowhere near the caliber of player that Clements is.

I wasn't intending to disparage Mccalister who I agree is a very solid corner. But he's also one of the leagues most protected corners playing behind the talented and agressive front7 which he does, while Nate is one of the league's most exposed corner regilarly matching up against opponents top receivers and getting no help whatsoever from a front7 that never ever sems to get any interior push to force bad decisions and bad throws.

While I like McCalister, at this point in their careers he's nowhere near the caliber of player that Clements is.

872845[/snapback]

You're right, McAlister has had the benefit of always playing with a good defense.. but I dunno about saying he's nowhere near the caliber of Clements.

You're right, McAlister has had the benefit of always playing with a good defense.. but I dunno about saying he's nowhere near the caliber of Clements.

872865[/snapback]

Yeah a supporting cast is part of the puzzle but it sounds equally absurd to both use that as the sole criteria and say McAllister "isn't near the player".

Clements and Mcallister have pretty similiar career numbers in some areas. Clements blows him away in others. I wish I could focus solely on cb I'd love to get more in depth then simply looking at career stats, and TV doesn't offer the option to watch them from snap to finish of play with the camera angles. So like most I have to rely simply on what I see.

Chirs Mcalister 8 years- 386 tackles 346 solo 40 assisted. 21 career ints for 427 return yards 20.3 yards per return long of 98 4 tds. 97 passes defensed and 1 forced fumble. 0 sacks

Nate Clements 6 years- 425 tackles 336 solo 89 assisted. 23 career ints for 341 yards 14.8 per int return long of 58 for 5 tds. 59 passes defenses 13 career forced fumbles 10 in the last 3 years. 2 this season. 1.5 career sacks.

Clements imho has done more with less around him. If he was consistently on a defense like the ravens over the years. I don't think it would be a stretch to say Clements #'s would be out of this world for a cb. I believe clements has more forced fumbles then any corner in the league and has been absolutly lockdown for most of this year. Paticularly the 2nd half of the season.

Although I think he was playing good in the 1st half but not getting noticed. To sound cautiously optomistic I hope not making the pro bowl lowers his price his free agency making him slightly cheaper to keep around. At only 27 years old next year and building for the future in the prime of his career those are the kind of players you keep around to win championships.