Iverson traded to Denver

millbank

Iverson traded to Denver

The four-time scoring champion was traded by the Philadelphia 76ers to the Nuggets, a person in the NBA with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press.

The trade would send Andre Miller, Joe Smith and two 2007 first-round picks to the 76ers for Iverson and Ivan McFarland, two people familiar with the trade told the AP, speaking on condition of anonymity because the deal was not announced.

A news conference was scheduled for Tuesday evening in Philadelphia.

as a Sixers fan, this is tough to swallow....but at least we (seemingly) got value, and AI gets to go to a contender.

I'd love to see the Nuggets make some noise in the West.

I'd love to see the Nuggets make some noise in the West.

872594[/snapback]

Cool, he's making his way over to the Blazers!

872594[/snapback]

Hahaha...We used to have some good times in college when the Nuggets would play the Blazers...It was always a 'highly' anticipated game...You could hardly see the TV through the haze!

Sixer fan here too. Iverson has been here since I moved here so I feel connected to AI. He's one of the most exciting players I've ever seen play--definitely the most exciting every-night performer of the last decade. Denver will have a lot of fun with AI and Melo. Both their scoring averages wil go down but they will have an amazing up tempo attack.

For the Sixers, they get a great PG in Miller, some expiring contract in Smith. Hoefully Webber retires in the next two years. This year they should get a top 3 pick (Come to Philly Odom!) and have room for some good FAs (like to see them get Walton and maybe Grant Hill). Assuming they get Odom, that makes the starting 5: Miller, Hill, Korver, Walton and Odom. Iggy comes off the bench with Webber.

When Webber leaves, they have room for another top FA. The Sixers could be a playoff team in 2 years.

Sixer fan here too. Iverson has been here since I moved here so I feel connected to AI. He's one of the most exciting players I've ever seen play--definitely the most exciting every-night performer of the last decade. Denver will have a lot of fun with AI and Melo. Both their scoring averages wil go down but they will have an amazing up tempo attack.

For the Sixers, they get a great PG in Miller, some expiring contract in Smith. Hoefully Webber retires in the next two years. This year they should get a top 3 pick (Come to Philly Odom!) and have room for some good FAs (like to see them get Walton and maybe Grant Hill). Assuming they get Odom, that makes the starting 5: Miller, Hill, Korver, Walton and Odom. Iggy comes off the bench with Webber.

When Webber leaves, they have room for another top FA. The Sixers could be a playoff team in 2 years.

872896[/snapback]

I hope you're right...for some reason, Iverson leaving Philly triggers a lot of nostalgia for me. He arrived in Philly a year after I did, and to think that ELEVEN years have passed since then?? Wow.... I really miss that town :rolleyes:

Anyway, I thought Webber might be a great addition to the Iverson-led Sixers....if only we'd had his services a few years earlier.....

872896[/snapback]

I love everything you said except for that. There is no reason to start a one-dimensional hot-cold shooter who just might play the worst defense in the NBA. Right now, Iggy is the best player on the team (2nd best once Andre Miller suits up).

You guys are really high on Miller, huh? I didn't get the impression that he was that big of a player when I read about him, but then again I'd never even heard of the guy until two days ago, lol.

I'm curious to see what he's got after what you guys have said about him.

Denver definetly will be hard to stop. JR and AI at guards will make them look like the Suns, with Melo at forward. And with defenses focusing so much on those 3, Camby's numbers will increase to Ben Wallace status.

However, the thing that may kill the Nuggets is depth. With Martin out, they pretty much only have Nene on the bench, and he isn't that good or even reliable. Melo and JR getting hurt IMO helps denver because it will increase much minutes for Diawara and Kleiza and both need to develop very fast in order to make them a contender for the title.