Power Rankings

Mile High

= media saving face for pre-season Steelers hype.

873869[/snapback]

As someone said to me (well, a group of people including me) once...."Polls are nice, but so are ceramic dalmatians."

This all means nothing except for the so-called experts trying to save their own face near the end of the season. The only thing I take out of power rankings is whether or not the media is paying attention to the Bills.

well check the Steelers' schedule... there's probably not more than 5 or 6 teams that'd have done better than Pittsburgh with that killer...

Miami  W 28-17

Mon 9/18  at Jacksonville  L 0-9

Sun 9/24  Cincinnati  L 20-28

bye 

Sun 10/8  at San Diego  L 13-23

Sun 10/15  Kansas City  W 45-7

Sun 10/22  at Atlanta  L 38-41

Sun 10/29  at Oakland  L 13-20

Sun 11/5  Denver  L 20-31

Sun 11/12  New Orleans  W 38-31

Sun 11/19  at Cleveland  W 24-20

Sun 11/26  at Baltimore  L 0-27

Sun 12/3  Tampa Bay  W 20-3

Thu 12/7  Cleveland  W 27-7

Sun 12/17  at Carolina  W 37-3

Sun 12/24  Baltimore  1:00 pm

Sun 12/31  at Cincinnati

873915[/snapback]

I really don't see how this helps Pittsburgh's case. I wouldn't call that a killer schedule. Call me crazy, but if I'm the Super Bowl champ it shouldn't be above expectations for me to beat Cincy at home, along with Atlanta and Oakland.

If they win those three games they're 10-4. The Steelers dug their own grave and Big Ben didn't help any with his offseason shenanigans.

If they win those three games they're 10-4.  The Steelers dug their own grave and Big Ben didn't help any with his offseason shenanigans.

873936[/snapback]

That is the crappiest argument for the steelers to be in this predicament.....

Ben had a horrible start to the season, but not because of his offseason shenanigans.

The steelers couldn't adjust to the departure of Bettis and Randal El. They went away from their game plan of running the ball....Last year they ran the ball 60% of the time....this time at the beginning of the season they were passing about 60% of the time...On defense they lost their star safety in the 1st half of the season.....And

Ben lost his biggest threat in the 1st half, when Ward was not at full strength with

a hamstring injury....We would suck too if Lee Evans and Price are out of the lineup.

I don't have any problems with the Steelers ahead of us.....They are 7-1 or something like that in their last 8 games.....with a single loss to the Ravens.

They went away from their game plan of running the ball....Last year they ran the ball 60% of the time....this time at the beginning of the season they were passing about 60% of the time...On defense they lost their star safety in the 1st half of the season.....

873949[/snapback]

Alright well, fine. The coaches are to blame for failing to realize that Willie Parker is a flatout stud, and not giving the ball to him more earlier in the season. But I still think you can't say that a near-fatal motorcycle accident six weeks before the start of training camp doesn't affect how you play over the first few months of the season.

Polamalu didn't get hurt until the end of November.

Alright well, fine.  The coaches are to blame for failing to realize that Willie Parker is a flatout stud, and not giving the ball to him more earlier in the season.  But I still think you can't say that a near-fatal motorcycle accident six weeks before the start of training camp doesn't affect how you play over the first few months of the season.

Polamalu didn't get hurt until the end of November.

873970[/snapback]

Nope...Polamalu hurt his shoulder after week 3 and played through the pain for a few weeks....The only that sidelined him in November was a different injury.....I live in Pittsburgh, so follow the steelers too..

well if you can find a tougher schedule than this one in the league i'd like to see it!

Outside the two Cleveland games and TB at home there's was no easy game....

873990[/snapback]

And Cleveland is a rivalry game.....In fact the Brown blew a 21 point 4th qtr lead 4 weeks ago at home....Ben threw 3 4th qtr touchdown passes to win that game.

well if you can find a tougher schedule than this one in the league i'd like to see it!

873990[/snapback]

You realize they just won the Super Bowl right? :D

And a schedule playing with 10 teams .500 or better (including the Pats, Bears, Ravens, Chargers, Jags, and Colts) isn't exactly a piece of cake either. :lol:

That is the crappiest argument for the steelers to be in this predicament.....

Ben had a horrible start to the season, but not because of his offseason shenanigans.

The steelers couldn't adjust to the departure of Bettis and Randal El.  They went away from their game plan of running the ball....Last year they ran the ball 60% of the time....this time at the beginning of the season they were passing about 60% of the time...On defense they lost their star safety in the 1st half of the season.....And

Ben lost his biggest threat in the 1st half, when Ward was not at full strength with

a hamstring injury....We would suck too if  Lee Evans and Price are out of the lineup.

I don't have any problems with the Steelers ahead of us.....They are 7-1 or something like that in their last 8 games.....with a single loss to the Ravens.

873949[/snapback]

Big Ben's best weapon last year was Bettis. Life without Bettis has been rough on Ben.

873990[/snapback]

This is from USA Today:

Strength of Schedule: Covers.com determines strength of schedule by compiling the win/ loss records and the current Power Ratings of a team's opponents. The strength of schedule includes each week played as well as the current match-up. The greater the number, the more difficult a schedule that team has. (For example, a rating of 1.100 shows a much tougher schedule than .450).

This is Buffalo:

16  18  7-7-0

(10-4-0)  0.817 -1.22

They're strength of schedule (0.817) is tied for the toughest in the league and tied with the Tennessee Titans.

This is PIT:

15  20  7-7-0

(6-7-1)  0.517 -1.26

They're strength of scehdule is 0.517.

USA Today

Post of the day in my opinion.

873875[/snapback]

Really?

Nobody actually complained about anybody being a bandwagon jumper. Quite the opposite. Jump on the bandwagon one and all!!!! Don't pretend you've been there for months when you haven't though.....that is galling.