Pennington

Very pleasantly surprised, make that shocked. He's done an outstanding job, he hasn't needed much help to contain most of the Ds he's faced which had allowed our RBs and TEs to get back into the passing game, see Royal's results the last couple weeks.

We could probably be a little better running to that side but I'll take solid pass pro from a rookie RT over roadgrading any day of the week. I still cast a wary eye at Preston as it seems that we either can't run that way or go to extremes to avoid it. of course Seattle basically did the same thing last year and killed peope only running left, I guess if you block it well enough it really doesn't matter. It sets up some killer misdirection as well since everyone now expects us to go that way.

I have to say that the progress of Ellison and Pennington, two guys whom I thought would have a VERY tough time making the roster, is quite impressive. I am really glad that Jauron and the staff moved in favor of the new guys they chose rather than some of the retreads from Jauron's past and the Mularkey era (think Greg Jerman -- thank GOD that guy is gone).

By the way, ol' Greg, our third in line at tackle last year: not in the league this year. What a find that guy was.

Viva Pennington.

Give Pennington the off-season to improve his strength and flexibility and then we'll see what's what. :nana:

872607[/snapback]

I think this is true for all the rookies....They get a full off-season in the Bills off-season conditioning program. That will improve their efforts on the field. I think Kyle Williams is going to be the biggest beneficiary of the offseason program

After watching Pennington progress I no longer think our 1st pick in the draft should be a tackle.....I actually changed my whole line of thinking.....

- We need to sign Steinback in the offseason for LG and move Gandy to RG.....this will solidify the line and allow us to run to both sides....

- Our 1st round pick should be the best run stuffing DT available.....

After watching Pennington progress I no longer think our 1st pick in the draft should be a tackle.....I actually changed my whole line of thinking.....

- We need to sign Steinback in the offseason for LG and move Gandy to RG.....this will solidify the line and allow us to run to both sides....

- Our 1st round pick should be the best run stuffing DT available.....

872666[/snapback]

I'll agree with you about Pennington and drafting a run stopping DT (or big WR)Why not keep chemistry and leave Gandy where he is and if we do bring in Steinbach start him at RG? The left side is solid and if we re-sign Gandy he and Peters should man the left side and should be left alone!