We are ALL Miami fans this week!

Frez

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're a lot like the mirror your people use to cut up your eight balls, except you can see through them.

871846[/snapback]

Well how do you keep from falling in?

And weese can only afford fo' balls 'round these here parts.....

While I agree with Simon that we're quite likely to get rolled, I think the experience of the next level is crucial to our football team.  I'll be rooting for the Jets to get blown out - but not for the Fish to win.

871857[/snapback]

Agreed. We'll be over a year ahead of schedule if we can sneak in and get our guys a taste of the playoff atmosphere and intensity. Year 2 should be when you take your lumps in a playoff game, not Year 1. Plus, I'd be willing to bet that a game with New England would be close.

While I agree with Simon that we're quite likely to get rolled, I think the experience of the next level is crucial to our football team.  I'll be rooting for the Jets to get blown out - but not for the Fish to win.

871857[/snapback]

Really good point. I'm not a fan of backing into the playoffs, but I never considered the "gain experience" side of it. On a smaller level, while watching the Cincy/Indy game last night, it crossed my mind we may get a primetime game next year. As much as we've sucked in primetime of late, I think your point applies there as well.

We need to be able to win in primetime (as well as win the West Coast games, where we also seem to tank).

Agreed.  We'll be over a year ahead of schedule if we can sneak in and get our guys a taste of the playoff atmosphere and intensity.  Year 2 should be when you take your lumps in a playoff game, not Year 1.  Plus, I'd be willing to bet that a game with New England would be close.

871868[/snapback]

Plus it's worth more than the price of a playoff ticket to see how the media explains how a team which was universally written off at draft time made it to the playoffs.

How Not To Be A Miami Fan This Week

If you don't want to be a Dolphins fan this week, then you better root for ALL of the following to occur. Because if any ONE of them doesn't, and the Jets beat Miami, the Bills will miss the playoffs.

Week 16

Chiefs beat Raiders

Bengals beat Broncos

Week 17

Chiefs beat Jaguars

Steelers beat Bengals

I'm not a fan of backing into the playoffs, but I never considered the "gain experience" side of it.

871872[/snapback]

I can't see how the Bills finishing the season with 7 wins in 9 games (and losing only to Indy and SD by a combined 4 points) is backing your way into the playoffs. I consider backing in losing your last two, but having the fortune of your closest opposition losing as well, and your team benefits.

If the Bills make it they will be heading in on a four-game winning streak. That shouldn't diminish the accomplishment because other teams nosedived their way out of contention.

I agree with your other points. A night game would be nice next year. Anywhere but Foxboro. I'm sick of that schit.

How Not To Be A Miami Fan This Week

If you don't want to be a Dolphins fan this week, then you better root for ALL of the following to occur.  Because if any ONE of them doesn't, and the Jets beat Miami, the Bills will miss the playoffs.

Week 16

Chiefs beat Raiders

Bengals beat Broncos

Week 17

Chiefs beat Jaguars

Steelers beat Bengals

871898[/snapback]

One More Out I Forgot To Mention

If the Broncos beat the Bengals, then we would need the 49ers to beat the Broncos Week 17 in Mile High instead of the Steelers beating the Bengals.

But both Chiefs games are of utmost importance if the Jets beat Miami.

One More Out I Forgot To Mention

If the Broncos beat the Bengals, then we would need the 49ers to beat the Broncos Week 17 in Mile High instead of the Steelers beating the Bengals.

But both Chiefs games are of utmost importance if the Jets beat Miami.

871916[/snapback]

The biggest thing I fear is how we totally destroyed the fins' confidence. I'm afraid we knocked them into a serious tailspin.

The biggest thing I fear is how we totally destroyed the fins' confidence.  I'm afraid we knocked them into a serious tailspin.

871961[/snapback]

Perhaps, but the Dolphin's playoff hopes were a lot slimmer than ours are now when they were heading into the Pats game.

They seem to be playing for redemption and next year, so the fact that the game is in Miami (and on Monday night) is a big factor IMO.

I can't see how the Bills finishing the season with 7 wins in 9 games (and losing only to Indy and SD by a combined 4 points) is backing your way into the playoffs.  I consider backing in losing your last two, but having the fortune of your closest opposition losing as well, and your team benefits.

871903[/snapback]

Good point.