Can we get knocked out next week

Rubes

I just can't bring myself to read through all of the playoff scenario threads here, so my apologies if this has been covered.

Can we get knocked out of the playoff chase this coming week even if we beat Tennessee?

But, the Jets/Miami game is after the Bills play.  So, our playoff hopes are still alive no matter what going into the game on Sunday.

871224[/snapback]

Thanks...I was thinking more along the lines of going into the final game of the season. It would be really nice to have the possibility still alive this late into the season.

It was nice in 2004, but other than that, it has been quite the dry spell.

I will note that the only way for me to get in the finals of my fantasy league is for Manning to have a subpar night. But because the Bills' success takes precedence, I will be rooting for a Colts victory.

871221[/snapback]

Nice. I am playing against Marvin but I hope he has 3 TDs tonight.

You know something? I'm probably wrong about there being 0 scenarios. It's possible but just very unlikely. Hold on.

I will note that the only way for me to get in the finals of my fantasy league is for Manning to have a subpar night. But because the Bills' success takes precedence, I will be rooting for a Colts victory.

871221[/snapback]

Too funny, I need "Chad" to have a big night to get to my finals but I've been cheering against my fantasy team all weekend and it won't stop tonight.

871221[/snapback]

wow, isn't that funny, I'm in the exact same situation. Except I need Manning to get less than 5 points (standard scoring league) so I can't have him getting any TDs.

all I can hope for is the Colts beat the Bengals good, but they do it with defensive touchdowns and the rushing game :rolleyes:

of course this game will more than likely be a shootout, but oh well, the Bills are more important than fantasy football playoffs. :rolleyes:

I just can't bring myself to read through all of the playoff scenario threads here, so my apologies if this has been covered.

Can we get knocked out of the playoff chase this coming week even if we beat Tennessee?

871177[/snapback]

Yes but that doesn't mean we should give up on the season. What's so freaking wrong with a winning record and no playoffs? :rolleyes:

Yes but that doesn't mean we should give up on the season.  What's so freaking wrong with a winning record and no playoffs?   :rolleyes:

871399[/snapback]

Who said there was anything wrong with it? I'm just interested to know if we can get knocked out even if we win. Chill.

Who said there was anything wrong with it? I'm just interested to know if we can get knocked out even if we win. Chill.

871404[/snapback]

Stopping the run killed our playoff chances, not JP. The coaching staff never addressed it. Meathead coulda had Morris rushing for 200 yards yesterday but he panicked and threw the game away.

Even if the Bengals lose to the Colts tonight, we can still get knocked out before Week 17 if the Broncos beat the Bengals next week and the Jets beat Miami.

871421[/snapback]

Don't we still get a chance if Broncos lose to 49ers in week 17 and KC finishes at 9-7?

Even if the Bengals lose to the Colts tonight, we can still get knocked out before Week 17 if the Broncos beat the Bengals next week and the Jets beat Miami.

871421[/snapback]

Even if KC wins next week? Wouldn't that still leave open the possibility of Denver losing in week 17 and KC winning (and the Bills winning a tiebreaker between the 3)?

871421[/snapback]

Well, we could still get in with 2 KC wins, a Den loss to SF, a Jets win over Oak and a Jags loss. So, if you added a Raiders win over KC in Week 16, we could then be knocked out before Week 17.