This is what we hired McNally for

Albany,n.y.

In your opinion, do both guards need to be replaced? Is Preston falling short of his potential? Maybe this is why we can't run the ball consistently, although the pass protection has been solid for weeks now.

870826[/snapback]

Preston is the weak link right now, like. Gandy is holding his own, but has no big upside. I haven't seen anything from Duke to indicate he is more than a solid three position backup (not a bad thing at all, and very valuable, just not the road grater RG we should have), although I would like to see him

So I think a RG is a near must to upgrade this team, and a LG would be great IF we find a better option than Gandy that doesn't cost us more than it is worth.

The really nice surprise is Pennington, who continues to improve (and I think suffers in the running game by being lined up next to Preston). As a very intelligent 6'7" 23 year old, I am very hopeful and optimistic for his future, and think he has proven we don't need to go after starting tackles this off season, and can focus on the guards.

Fowler isn't a dominator, but I'm happy with him overall, and don't want change at that position where veteran smarts really make a difference. True we aren't a 3rd and 1 QB sneak team partly because of him, but I want to see him stay there. I could see some eventual competition from Preston whose better size and youth could make him leapfrog Fowler on the depth chart down the road.