Needs in the offseason

The only good (i.e. acceptable) reason for not signing Nate is if he's just determined to leave no matter what. I don't think that will be the case, though. I think he wants to get paid, and dammit we should pay him.

as i look at how this team is progressing I see the major needs of a stud DT, LB, Big Wide receiver and a big RG. 

869700[/snapback]

I agree, though I still would put TE up there w/ DT. Royal having 2 good games doesn't change that for me (remember Campbell vs. the Rams a couple years ago?)

I agree, though I still would put TE up there w/ DT.  Royal having 2 good games doesn't change that for me (remember Campbell vs. the Rams a couple years ago?)

869725[/snapback]

Keep in mind, though, two things: 1) Royal is an excellent blocker, and 2) Royal's production in the passing game has been severely limited by the fact that we've had to contract the playbook for JP and the O-line. Now that the line is coming together and performing well, we're able to do more multiple-receiver sets and to send Royal out more. As a result, he will (and is) increase his production.

I agree, though I still would put TE up there w/ DT.  Royal having 2 good games doesn't change that for me (remember Campbell vs. the Rams a couple years ago?)

869725[/snapback]

I'd love to see a big run stuffer ala Pat Williams and some Off. line depth. Nothing fancy, common, Marv.