Osama Bin Laden Dead

Scraps

Wow... The irony of the very first paragraph and how it mimics human events... You gotta have a sense of humor over this... If not you are just too "wound."

GUWAHATI, India - An elephant named “Osama bin Laden” that has killed 27 people in northeast India, has been shot dead, triggering protests by conservationists who say forestry officials had probably shot the wrong animal.

On another note did you know that Sen. Obama's middle name is Hussein?

The panties surely get wadded...

:ph34r::doh:

If it took these guys 2 years to hunt down a f-cking elephant that killed 27 people, it doesn't surprise me that the real Osama is still at large.

870034[/snapback]

Let me correct that? Are you sure it is the right elephant? You underestimate pachyderms...

If it took these guys 2 years to hunt down a f-cking elephant that supposedly killed 27 people, it doesn't surprise me that the real Osama is still at large.

This according to some conservationists... :rolleyes::nana:

On another note... I don't think it is like hunting the elephant down in Central Park...

Trying to find which elelphant was the rogue probably is like finding the real deal in the Bora Bora Mts.???

Elephants are smart pups... Probaby could teach the original Osama a thing or too about hiding in plain sight?

Betcha, it is real tricky to find the real perp... Even know an elephant is huge...

Again... How things like this mimic human stories.

I just want to know if this "Osama" is the "Ace of Spades" in the deck?

On the useless trivia front:

What is the most dangerous animal in Africa?

A hippo... Also a pachyderm.

:nana::nana:

i opened this thread with great hope for the future but ended up feeling bitter disappointment at unfullfilled promise

868850[/snapback]

20 minutes after waking up today, and before turning on the television or seeing anything newsrelated, I went to TSW. I see this thread. Instantly my heart started racing. I dragged my mouse over the link and saw it led to msnbc.com so I instantly got my hopes up, figuring it was legit.

In the three seconds it took for the link to open all I could think was "Amazing!! I can't believe it!!" as well as thinking of how ironic it was that we got bin Laden on a Sunday morning in December, just like Hussein.

Then I saw a dead elephant.

For those who clicked on the link after the first four or five of us, you obviously knew something was up and bin Laden wasn't dead. If you're in that category I can see how you might think it's not a big deal.

At 9:46 this morning I was less than thrilled. Sorry.

20 minutes after waking up today, and before turning on the television or seeing anything newsrelated, I went to TSW.  I see this thread.  Instantly my heart started racing.  I dragged my mouse over the link and saw it led to msnbc.com so I instantly got my hopes up, figuring it was legit. 

In the three seconds it took for the link to open all I could think was "Amazing!!  I can't believe it!!" as well as thinking of how ironic it was that we got bin Laden on a Sunday morning in December, just like Hussein. 

Then I saw a dead elephant. 

For those who clicked on the link after the first four or five of us, you obviously knew something was up and bin Laden wasn't dead.  If you're in that category I can see how you might think it's not a big deal. 

At 9:46 this morning I was less than thrilled.  Sorry.

870146[/snapback]

Yep. I did the same thing. The most interesting part, for me, is that I learned of Husseins capture via ESPN.com. I felt it only fitting i learned of OBLs capture/death on TBD. For a news junkie that I am, its still wierd to me I learned of Husseins capture on ESPN.