Found this on Fox sports

B Rob

It is only a matter of time before the ever-growing corporate giant NFL puts pressure on the Bills to build a splendiferous new stadium for the team to remain financially competitive and maximize the revenue split among the 32 teams.

Posted December 14, by Ben Maller

Digg this | Add to del.icio.us

Discuss in the Forums | Link

It is only a matter of time before the ever-growing corporate giant NFL puts pressure on the Bills to build a splendiferous new stadium for the team to remain financially competitive and maximize the revenue split among the 32 teams.

Posted December 14, by Ben Maller

Digg this | Add to del.icio.us

Discuss in the Forums | Link

866844[/snapback]

You realize that line is taken by Fox Sports from a D and C article by Bob Matthews that was posted on TBD this morning, right?

A speculation from one columnist is picked up as a rumor, quoted as fact, and is then fed back to the internet as fodder for more speculation...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Internet Circle Jerk!

You realize that line is taken by Fox Sports from a D and C article by Bob Matthews that was posted on TBD this morning, right?

A speculation from one columnist is picked up as a rumor, quoted as fact, and is then fed back to the internet as fodder for more speculation...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Internet Circle Jerk!

866850[/snapback]

Within 24 hours, the D&C will probably report that the NFL is putting pressure on Ralph Wilson to convince NY to build the Bills a new stadium or lose the team, the source being a story reported on Fox Sports...

Does anyone else find Bob Matthews' writings freakishly stupid?

866861[/snapback]

You mean you do not find endless references to losing harness horses and constant efforts to make both professional wrestling (thank you Dave "choke hold" Metzler) and A-League Soccer sound like major sports fascinating?

:censored:

I'm not sure if that's a sensible metaphorical use of 'circle jerk'.  I'd say that's more when everybody is focusing on the same newsbit and trying to come up with the most sensational spin.

866894[/snapback]

A good point... I suppose the proper metaphor would be a daisy chain, with each quote being the source for another repetition.... The overall point is how the Internet encourages this kind of self-perpetuating cannibalization of stories without actually adding any new information.