Come on, Hillary! Want to win the Presidency?

Kelly the Dog

Two days before the November elections, on 09.09.06, the Rams had 500 tickets to sell before the blackout. Missouri Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Claire McCaskill bought 100 of them from her campaign funds. It was a terrific publicity stunt, since it was only 100 ducats, but I really thought a shrewd idea.

If Hillary wants to ingratiate herself to Buffalo and Western New York and people who don't like her and men around the country who dislike her and Republicans who hate everything about her, she would be wise to buy up the 5000 tickets out of her outrageous monies. It sure would get huge national press. They spend that approximately $200,000 on far more ridiculous and less worthy things, and I really doubt she could get more bang for her buck than this.

Git 'er done, Hillary!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From a local standpoint, that would make her extremely popular here in WNY, but using $200,000 to purchase the remaining tickets is absurd, no matter what worthy cause she donated to. That decision would derail her presidential ambitions before they ever got off of the ground.

From a local standpoint, that would make her extremely popular here in WNY, but using $200,000 to purchase the remaining tickets is absurd, no matter what worthy cause she donated to. That decision would derail her presidential ambitions before they ever got off of the ground.

866789[/snapback]

How so? She is doing something for the morale and good of the second largest city in her state. It would tell people that she is aware of what is going on in the state and its cities and that the Bills are a big deal in Buffalo and a lot of its fans are worried about its future. She is putting her personal money, of which she tens of millions in her presidential campaign bank, to terrific use, IMO. Football fans all across the country would say, "Wow, that's kind of cool of her." She probably couldn't get that kind of goodwill and free publicity for any 200K she could spend.

First off, she would have to actually care about Buffalo and WNY to actually think f doing this. I doubt anyone would buy them all but a bunch of groups could like Ralph, Toyota, The Barnes Firm, Clinton, etc.

I think its more likely Bill would spend that money on the Bills rather then Hillary

866802[/snapback]

She's a politician, and a pretty good one whether you hate her or not. I don't expect it to be genuine. :censored:

How so? She is doing something for the morale and good of the second largest city in her state. It would tell people that she is aware of what is going on in the state and its cities and that the Bills ate a big deal in Buffalo and a lot of its fans are worried about its future. She is putting her personal money, of which she tens of millions in her presidential campaign bank, to terrific use, IMO. Football fans all across the country would say, "Wow, that's kind of cool of her." She probably couldn't get that kind of goodwill and free publicity for any 200K she could spend.

866796[/snapback]

Because of the amount. If it were around $20,000 then yes, I would see your point, but $200,000 to "boost the morale" of football fans (who obviously don't care enough to buy tickets for themselves) is crazy.

How many of her critics would say that she was better off donating that money to a homeless shelter, or needy families, or Iraqi veterans, or Katrina victims, or instert charity here....she would be lampooned in the press and by her opponents.

She's a politician, and a pretty good one whether you hate her or not. I don't expect it to be genuine.  :censored:

866804[/snapback]

Hey man, I'm Canadian, I could care less about Hillary, I'm just saying, she would have to care about WNY and Buffalo, and the Bills to want to do that, Bills is more likely seeing as how he does have a bit of a connection to them

Because of the amount. If it were around $20,000 then yes, I would see your point, but $200,000 to "boost the morale" of football fans (who obviously don't care enough to buy tickets for themselves) is crazy.

How many of her critics would say that she was better off donating that money to a homeless shelter, or needy families, or Iraqi veterans, or Katrina victims, or instert charity here....she would be lampooned in the press.

866807[/snapback]

This is money people have donated to her campaign with the sole purpose of helping her win an election. Not a great percentage of that money is donated to homeless shelters in politicians names. What planet are you on? :censored: It is used to hire workers and buy media and pay for advertising, etc. One ad could cost well over $200,000 counting the making of the commercial and media buy. She has ten of millions in that fund.

Hey man, I'm Canadian, I could care less about Hillary, I'm just saying, she would have to care about WNY and Buffalo, and the Bills to want to do that, Bills is more likely seeing as how he does have a bit of a connection to them

866809[/snapback]

She has a lot at stake: The Presidency and her popularity in polls. She would not, in effect, be doing this for the people of Buffalo, although it would be a nice bonus if she did (which I doubt). It would be solely for her campaign and the perceived goodwill by the move. It would be in every paper in the nation. It would probably be on ESPN Gameday and the national networks pre-game shows. She could give the tickets away to kids. It would be on talk radio. All saying that wow, that's kind of cool thing for Hillary to do. It's 100% about image not practicality, not care for people.

This is money people have donated to her campaign with the sole purpose of helping her win an election. Not a great percentage of that money is donated to homeless shelters in politicians names. What planet are you on?  :censored: It is used to hire workers and buy media and pay for advertising, etc. One ad could cost well over $200,000 counting the making of the commercial and media buy. She has ten of millions in that fund.

866811[/snapback]

Couple of things:

A.) She is hasn't even declared a run for the Presidency yet.

B.) She is not in an election year

So it would make it hard to justify spending campaign contributions.

What you are saying is very logical, and makes a lot of sense.

Unfortunately for her, this would also provide a great opportunity for the opposition to attack her, sayng that she is wasting money or buying votes. By the time her camp was able to explain where the $200,000 came from it would be too late.

For the record, I do not like her and think she is a carpet bagger.

The State of New York has an office called President?

866812[/snapback]

Of course. Where have you been. Like I said in another post, it's all about popularity polls and national press, not local press. She doesn't need New York. But she does need the support of the people and the nation and half the country hates her guts. There are a lot of voters across the country that watch football.

If that obnoxious she-male pulls a bullschitt stunt like that, I'll puke. It was bad enough watching her insincere, condescending, self-absorbed mug try to fake her way into some WNY love by attending a game this year. (Let me guess. Her first visit to WNY...ummm...EVER?) Should she find her way to the White House, I could only take solace in knowing that by the end of her term, she'll assuredly set the Democrats back for years on end with her moronic thought processes and self-serving mannerisms.

I'd rather see Paris Hilton at the stadium in a special guest box with Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Nicole Richie and an eight ball.

Couple of things:

A.) She is hasn't even declared a run for the Presidency yet.

B.) She is not in an election year

So it would make it hard to justify spending campaign contributions.

What you are saying is very logical, and makes a lot of sense.

Unfortunately for her, this would also provide a great opportunity for the opposition to attack her, sayng that she is wasting money or buying votes. By the time her camp was able to explain where the $200,000 came from it would be too late.

For the record, I do not like her and think she is a carpet bagger.

866816[/snapback]

Who could attack her for this? It's her and her campaign's money. Goodwill and people's perceptions and getting the news out about Hillary is the sole purpose of every cent of those millions. All people could say against it is that it was a publicity stunt but every single ad campaign is a publicity stunt. The purpose of that money is publicity and nothing else.

Furthermore, this is a very important time for presidential candidates in 2008 and you can see it in what people like John McCain, Rudy Guiliani, John Edwards, Al Gore, etc., are doing as we speak. This is a very good time to be spending that money, especially because Hillary can say she is doing this for Buffalo and the state and not for the real purpose, getting people to like her across the country.