Why is the game not sold out..

EndZoneCrew

You know my daughter has applied to UB Law, and I'm kind of pulling for her to go there.  That would be another good reason to get up there for a few good weekends.  I do some work with local universities up there and always look forward to visiting Buffalo and the Falls.  This summer we vacationed on Lake Erie, Chatauqua, Niagara Falls, and had a terrific time.  I can think of a lot worse places than my hometown.  Maybe someday I'll move back (at least during the non-winter months)

866386[/snapback]

I'm actually currently going to UB Law and will be practicing at the District Attorney's office here next year. If she goes I'll give her some of my notes and study aids which could be helpful to her.

One of the main reasons I choose to stay in the area is the Bills. In some cities, being a fan amounts to cheering for them when they are good and following them on a more remote basis when they are not. Attending games is an option and a luxury. In Buffalo, given the Bills vulnerable status according to the owner, attendance right now is more of an obligation and, in some cases may amount to a sacrifice. That is not to say that being a hardcore fan and going to the games is not rewarding; I have the time of my life on Sundays, and should the Bills ever win a SuperBowl, it would probably be the best day of my life. (My girlfriend wouldn't like to hear that, but its true.) It'll be even more rewarding to see the whole journey instead of just the final destination–ask any Boston Red Sox fan about that.

But, in this time of turmoil for the Bills, as evidenced by the owner's comments, it appear they need us. Rather, WE, as fans need us. The Bills will be fine if they go to LA or Charlotte; in fact, I'm sure there are some players on the team who would support that move. Now is the time when Bills fans, near and far, must make small sacrifices to attend games. In a year from now, this might be a moot point if they are winning again. But, for the time being, every seat that we don't purchase is further ammunition for Ralph to move the team, which it seems he is seriously considering. Don't give him that ammo. For yourself and fellow fans, buy a ticket and give the team one more reason to stay instead of go.

My wife works in the eletronic marketing department of the largest grocery store chain in the Philadelphia area.  Where do you suggest we move to in Buffalo?  Rochester maybe because Wegmans is great.

It's not that easy just to "move back" chuckles.  The job has to be there to move to.  I'm a teacher, Niagara Falls is laying off teachers left and right and I'm sure the city of Buffao will soon follow suit.  You think those teachers are gonna disappear?  Nope they're going to take any vacancies they can find anywhere near there.  It's not going to be easy to find a teaching job there any time soon.

It's the reason most of us left in the first place, there aren't enough jobs there.  Philly has plenty of emplooyment options for both me and my wife.  My wife used to work in marketing at EB Games corporate office until they got bought out and closed up shop, if that happened in Buffalo we'd be screwed.  Here she had a better job than the one she left in 3 months.

Those of you who still live there have to get things in order to attract business to ALLOW the rest of us to come back.  I can't vote for politicians in WNY, but you all can.  You want us to come back give us something to come back to.

866504[/snapback]

You left out the part about how Philly sucks ass.

ditto dr. fong - they truly are the weaker sex. 

Oh, really. Thin ice there, friend. I'll have an extra ticket again this weekend, because nobody I know down here wants to go to a home game in December. As for me, the last home game I missed was in December...

Give me a break.  4 of my friends have highly involved computer/Architectual jobs & none of their companies are located in Buffalo.  They all work out of their home.  See if your good enough at what you do, most companies especially in the IT related fields will let you work wherever you want.  So please spare us the technical job talk, none of us are impressed.

866522[/snapback]

Sure I could, but since no major companies / goverment are in Buffalo to support you travel every week. Now for some who like that, great. Me I like coming home at night seeing the family. If you don't want to travel and you do what I do you have to be in a major area, where the jobs are.