Movie Review: Dream Girls

The Poojer

WOW!!!!! Beyonce Who? Eddie Murphy kicks arse. Jamie Foxx may be the weakest link in this movie...and its not that weak! Beyonce is a freaking fox though...That female co-star, don't know her name..the American Idol participant can make you forget about Aretha...she almost got a standing ovation in the middle of the movie from the movie audience...I absolutely loved this movie...did I mention Beyonce is a fox? Danny Glover plays a great secondary role..and how can a movie with Urkle be bad anyway!!!!

*****Edit*****

a bit of an edit after thinking more about this...

first off so that no one blames me if they do not like this movie..I am fairly easy to entertain, not the harshest critic in the world...

second, this was a free movie, so my return on investment was a non-factor.....

Eddie Murphy played a great part...Oscar worthy? I doubt it, to me I saw Buckwheat/James Brown impressions from SNL...But not in a bad way...His singing voice was pretty good...He could have easily stolen this movie if the story went in a different direction...

Jamie Foxx...I think he could have been more dynamic in his portrayal...seemed to mail it in a couple scenes...Maybe the character led to the "lack of dynamic"...maybe more would have been over the top...

The chick that played Effie(I need to find out her name...she deserves the recognition)...deserves whatever awards and praises she gets from this performance....

The roles themselves were not difficult roles for any of the actors, fairly simple roles actually, but they worked....

The story is an old story that we all know and there are no surprises...the story and the portrayals by the actors work...

Someone posted a thread about the old time beauties, Hepburn, Jackie O, Grace Kelly etc...Beyonce needs to be included in this group...she is nearly flawless in her appearance(in my opinion)...

I was a bit "offended" by the portrayal of white people...but then at the end of the movie I realized it was kind of a necessary evil to bring the story around....

Please do not stay away from this movie because you think its a chick flick or because it is a musical(it is, there are alot of singing dialogue scenes)..You will do yourself a disservice to not be entertained

Edited by POOJER

WOW!!!!!  Beyonce Who?  Eddie Murphy kicks arse.  Jamie Foxx may be the weakest link in this movie...and its not that weak!  Beyonce is a freaking fox though...That female co-star, don't know her name..the American Idol participant can make you forget about Aretha...she almost got a standing ovation in the middle of the movie from the movie audience...I absolutely loved this movie...did I mention Beyonce is a fox?  Danny Glover plays a great secondary role..and how can a movie with Urkle be bad anyway!!!!

866230[/snapback]

Really? It's that good?

The movie has been hyped so much I am dreading seeing it.

WOW!!!!!  Beyonce Who?  Eddie Murphy kicks arse.  Jamie Foxx may be the weakest link in this movie...and its not that weak!  Beyonce is a freaking fox though...That female co-star, don't know her name..the American Idol participant can make you forget about Aretha...she almost got a standing ovation in the middle of the movie from the movie audience...I absolutely loved this movie...did I mention Beyonce is a fox?  Danny Glover plays a great secondary role..and how can a movie with Urkle be bad anyway!!!!

866230[/snapback]

Not only Urkel... so is The Big Ragoo! :thumbsup::lol:

i thought that was him, its very quick and i did not see the credits but first thing i thought was "hey, that was eddie mecca"...can't believe i remembered the name

866273[/snapback]

That was a good show, MUCH better than Happy Days IMO.

As for Dreamgirls, I'll probably check it out sometime this month.

I'm actually pretty interested in this flick....I enjoyed Jennifer Hudson's time on American Idol, she just wasnt' quite as consistent as some of the other folks. But when she's on, she's DAMN on. I love great vocalists, so it would be pretty hard for me to not enjoy this film.

I'm actually pretty interested in this flick....I enjoyed Jennifer Hudson's time on American Idol, she just wasnt' quite as consistent as some of the other folks. But when she's on, she's DAMN on. I love great vocalists, so it would be pretty hard for me to not enjoy this film.

866574[/snapback]

What cd did you end up buying? :censored: