Breast Cancer

/dev/null

Anyone know where I can get info about breast cancer or have had experience with it?

Had a depressing conversation with my parents earlier, my mom was diagnosed with it :thumbsup:

866136[/snapback]

That hits very close to home with me. I'm really sorry to hear that you're having to go through something similar :lol: I'm off to work in a few, but if you ever want to talk about things, shoot me a PM.

Anyone know where I can get info about breast cancer or have had experience with it?

Had a depressing conversation with my parents earlier, my mom was diagnosed with it :thumbsup:

866136[/snapback]

I'm so sorry man. My aunt had a lump on her breast but I believe it was removed before it became cancerous.

Needless to say, I have been directly affected by cancer in my family and I seriously hope it works out in better circumstances for you than it did for me.

My thoughts are with you.

My mother was diagnosed over 6 years ago. She was Stage 3, and it was in her lymph nodes pretty heavily, and all the things that can indicate negativity did so.........Then, the last thing we found out was that it was heavily estrogen receptor positive. This meant that tamoxifin would have a good chance.

I just took her for her mammogram today, and she's still kicking!

If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer. I learned so much - you go from thinking breast cancer is breast cancer to finding out it's really hundereds of diseases with so many variables.

My main point is that my mother's outlook was grim, but she's doing great 6+ years later.

866136[/snapback]

No experience with it. American Cancer Society website seems to have a lot of info about it.

Sorry to hear your mother has it. :lol:

I hope they found it soon enough.

My mother was diagnosed over 6 years ago.  She was Stage 3, and it was in her lymph nodes pretty heavily, and all the things that can indicate negativity did so.........Then, the last thing we found out was that it was heavily estrogen receptor positive.  This meant that tamoxifin would have a good chance.

I just took her for her mammogram today, and she's still kicking! 

If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer.  I learned so much - you go from thinking breast cancer is breast cancer to finding out it's really hundereds of diseases with so many variables.

My main point is that my mother's outlook was grim, but she's doing great 6+ years later.

866195[/snapback]

She's going in for more tests and a biopsy tomorrow. They don't really know how far along it is yet, but from what i've read and the symptoms she's describing I'm afraid she may be into stage 3 or 4 already.

She said she had suspected she had breast cancer for a couple of weeks but was going to wait until after the holidays to see a doctor because she didn't want it to ruin the holidays. She didn't even let my dad know what was really going on. She had been sick the last week or so and he thought it was the flu. When he finally got her to go to a doctor about being sick was when she told him she thought she had breast cancer

When the doctor examined her, he could tell just from the exam that she had breast cancer. The preliminary tests confirmed it and they're afraid it has already started spreading into her liver. She said she's already lost quite a bit of weight too

I hope my mom is as lucky as yours

Please be sure your mom gets two opinions on how to proceed with treatment. My mom was diagnosed with lymphoma in 2001. The first doctor wanted her to start with radiation first and then chemo. My aunt, who is a nurse at Roswell, convinced her to see one of their Oncologists who disagreed with the first doctor and said she should receive an aggressive schedule of chemo first followed by six weeks of radiation. So far so good. Be prepared that whatever course of treatment your mom receives she will become very ill from any treatment and she will need a lot of love and support.

She's going in for more tests and a biopsy tomorrow.  They don't really know how far along it is yet, but from what i've read and the symptoms she's describing I'm afraid she may be into stage 3 or 4 already. 

She said she had suspected she had breast cancer for a couple of weeks but was going to wait until after the holidays to see a doctor because she didn't want it to ruin the holidays.  She didn't even let my dad know what was really going on.  She had been sick the last week or so and he thought it was the flu.  When he finally got her to go to a doctor about being sick was when she told him she thought she had breast cancer

When the doctor examined her, he could tell just from the exam that she had breast cancer.  The preliminary tests confirmed it and they're afraid it has already started spreading into her liver.  She said she's already lost quite a bit of weight too

I hope my mom is as lucky as yours

866226[/snapback]

My wife was diagnosed with it 6 months after the birth of our 3rd kid (she was 35)...Stage 3...it had spread to her lymph nodes. Her chances were 50-50. She had axillary dissection (removal of nodes in her armpit), lumpectomy, chemo and radiation...is was some pretty scary sh--...that was 10 years ago! And so far...she's fine. :D:censored: Almost like it never happened...she was a real trooper with a great attitude.

Feel free to PM me.