South Dakota Senator suffers stroke

/dev/null

Condolences and well wishes to Senator Tim Johnson of South Dakota

If Johnson (a Democrat) dies or resigns, the Governor of SD (a Republican)  names his replacement.  If the Governor names a fellow Republican, that would return the majority to the GoP

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061213/D8M08I700.html

866025[/snapback]

So it's true. God is a republican.

If they caught it "very early" that's encouraging.

There's a medication that reportedly totally counteracts any effects, but it needs to be administered w/in a few hours. Lots of people who've had a stroke return to work w/in a relatively short time. The word stroke is not a whipped bananas and strained squash death sentence anymore.

Thoughts/prayers for his recovery.

His spokeswoman says it was not a stroke or a heart attack.

Linky.

Interesting history at the end of this article. In this atmosphere, it's not infeasible that he might refuse to officially relenquish the seat. Also, I read that Harry Reid had a mild stroke last year... I didn't remember hearing that.

They should run a geiger-counter by Karl Rove and check for trace amounts of radiation.  Maybe he learned a new political trick from the Russians.

866066[/snapback]

You've got to be kidding, man.

Hope Johnson recovers. NPR played the tape of his losing his hold yesterday (it was during a conference call). It was terribly creepy and sad.

Edit: WP says:

He underwent "a comprehensive evaluation by the stroke team," his office said. Aides later said he had not suffered a stroke or heart attack.

They should run a geiger-counter by Karl Rove and check for trace amounts of radiation.  Maybe he learned a new political trick from the Russians.

866066[/snapback]

Wow...Another leftard classy statement.

If there is one thing that pisses me off about this, is that Senator Johnson's health has become the afterthought and the whole story is about the power shift. Every story you hear goes like this:

"Senator's Status is [blank]...and the power in the Sentate hangs in the balance"

Just goes to show how drunk on power those in DC are.

I just said what was wrong with him, making no political statements whatsoever. I hope he pulls through. RK Fast is correct. That is all the media is doing, turming it into a political story. I heard Sean Hannity today and he said the same thing. Forget about any political ramifications, is he going to live?

And Kelly, you are showing your bias by assuming I am getting joy from his tragedy. :oops:

DC Tom, you just drool all the time.

I just said what was wrong with him, making no political statements whatsoever.  I hope he pulls through.  RK Fast is correct. That is all the media is doing, turming it into a political story. I heard Sean Hannity today and he said the same thing.  Forget about any political ramifications,  is he going to live?

And Kelly, you are showing your bias by assuming I am getting joy from his tragedy. :oops:

DC Tom, you just drool all the time.

867381[/snapback]

Good to hear Wacka, Johnson is a good guy, pretty low key unless politics require him to be otherwise. Generally, he avoids the back and forth b.s. Sounds like surgery went well. If Hannity actually said that, 'bout time he said something considerate. There are others we could do without, but more Senators with Johnson's temperment would be good on both sides.

Hope all the best, knew him from his House days on the Ag Committee, always a gentlemen and never showed his staff up in public. I have seen others do it frequently.