From TMQ: Bills mentioned...

Phlegm Alley

... they brought "Malloy" in to shore up their run defense anyway.  That's the role he plays in that defense.

... and yes, the defense is at fault for Vick's failures. :w00t:

865394[/snapback]

we get most of the atlanta games on down here, and they always have them on the TV next to the bills game at our backers bar. Milloy has been decent for the falcons this season, but by no means great. I dont see him this season as being heads and shoulders above whitner, and whitner is only going to get better while milloy is on the downside of his career.

As for ronny mex, i dont wanna hijack the thread, but he hasnt been playing great at all. Sure at times his wR's havent helped him a lot, but most goes on him.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they did save a good amount of $$$ by letting Milloy go, so I don't have a problem with that move.... think it was the cost-effective thing to do. Still don't think filling SS was that high of a priority though, compared to other more critical holes... a ham-&-egger (not named Coy Wire) could've filled in for a year...but I like Donte, so what's done is done.

The other 1st-round move, though... :w00t:

And the $ they saved went right into Vincent's pocket :P

But I agree with you, Donte is a good up and coming player regardless of where he was drafted.

Well, they did save a good amount of $$$ by letting Milloy go, so I don't have a problem with that move.... think it was the cost-effective thing to do.  Still don't think filling SS was that high of a priority though, compared to other more critical holes... a ham-&-egger (not named Coy Wire) could've filled in for a year...but I like Donte, so what's done is done.

The other 1st-round move, though... :w00t:

865426[/snapback]

And the $ they saved went right into Vincent's pocket :w00t:

But I agree with you, Donte is a good up and coming player regardless of where he was drafted.

865461[/snapback]

Unlike Milloy though, they wouldn't have saved any cap $ by letting TV go, and even though he wasn't very good last year, I was alright with bringing TV back as a fill-in ham-&-egger. But once we spent all those draft picks on the secondary, it didn't make any sense to keep him around either... he'd just take time away from someone who could be the answer, plus he wasn't good for the locker room. Rashad Baker hasn't exactly lit up the league since we kept TV over him, and TV is now gone, so other than the lost $ given to TV, I'm OK with the way that turned out.

I was damn near obsessed with us picking Ngata for exactly the reason cited. However as the season has gone on I'm not complaining about the Whitner pick, especially with our drafting McCargo, Williams and bringing in Triplett. We could still use a run stuffer, but that will come a little on down the line.

The Bills also could have drafted Demeco Ryans, the actual defensive rookie of the year, since they need help at LB. So did every team in the 1st round.

Easy to make statements like this.

864819[/snapback]

or Ryan McNeil as the starting LT......The guy has been a monster for San Diego.

Hindsight is 20-20.