YANKS ARE JUST A GREAT TEAM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My honest take with no bias towards my hatred for the Yankees is Boston in 6.

I just don't see the Yankees (and maybe even the Cardinals) getting by that pitching in a seven game series.

The reason I say "maybe" for the Cards is that we have a little better starting rotation then the Yankees do.

My honest take with no bias towards my hatred for the Yankees is Boston in 6.

I just don't see the Yankees (and maybe even the Cardinals) getting by that pitching in a seven game series.

The reason I say "maybe" for the Cards is that we have a little better starting rotation then the Yankees do.

63143[/snapback]

:D

Wasn't that Morris who just got lit up tonight by the hapless Dodgers?

And with Carpenter on the mend, your rotation has just as many ? as the Yanks:)

:D

Wasn't that Morris who just got lit up tonight by the hapless Dodgers?

And with Carpenter on the mend, your rotation has just as many ? as the Yanks:)

63145[/snapback]

T he didn't get lit up. Two of those runs should never have been on the board if not for a HORRIBLE call by the umpire. Not sure if you saw it or not but it totally changed the game.

T he didn't get lit up.  Two of those runs should never have been on the board if not for a HORRIBLE call by the umpire.  Not sure if you saw it or not but it totally changed the game.

63147[/snapback]

Honestly, I didn't watch it. I just saw the final score and wanted to bust your balls a little :D

Just messin' with ya.

I think the Yankees demonstrate what is missing in the NFL. Today's NFL sucks from boredom. There is no great team to love or hate.

I suspect those who hate the Yankees are the same ones who resent successful individuals who put it on the line. Steinbrenner puts his pocketbook where his desire is. Whether you hate him, or love him, you gotta respect his devotion and what the Yankees have accomplished through the years. When it's clutch time, the Yankees win. Buffalo fans, above all, should respect this accomplishment. Clutch time in Buffalo means the other team is holdng up the trophy.

I think the Yankees demonstrate what is missing in the NFL.  Today's NFL sucks from boredom.  There is no great team to love or hate. 

I suspect those who hate the Yankees are the same ones who resent successful individuals who put it on the line.  Steinbrenner puts his pocketbook where his desire is. Whether you hate him, or love him, you gotta respect his devotion and what the Yankees have accomplished through the years.  When it's clutch time, the Yankees win.  Buffalo fans, above all, should respect this accomplishment.  Clutch time in Buffalo means the other team is holdng up the trophy.

63190[/snapback]

I suspect you are a complete and utter IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!! What a jerk!

The yankees have what it takes to win. Alot of leadership and heart.

Last night the best player in baseball created a run all by himself.

Stole 3rd base. Then scored the winning run.

Thank you George Steinbrenner for pursuing and signing Alex Rodriguez. :D

IF YOU SPEND ALMOST TWICE AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE, YOU SHOULD WIN,  BULLY!  :(

MAIN REASON WHY BASEBALL SUCKS IS THE NEW YORK yankees! :D

63049[/snapback]

that statement is such stevestojan!in the 80's and early 90's when the yanks had high payrolls and no pitching ie...the danny tartabull and mattingly,winfield ricki henderson years,no one complained that they had the highest payroll but had nothing to show for it.the yanks have been a top team for a very long time.no matter what format or rules baseball submits the yanks will play by those rules and be winners!you seem to forget that baseball installed the draft because all of the players wanted to play for the yanks.and except for the 80's the yanks usually dominated every decade from the 20's on.i would also love to see a cap and make it all equal,but some cities also do not deserve a team.if you do not have fan support the owners can't buy better players.diss george steinbrenner all you want ,but he puts his earnings back into the team.he makes a nice product and gets rewarded for it.now the mets are like the yanks of the 80's they spend big money unwisely,trade pitchers for washed up 1st basemen and then get jealous of yanks success.and as much as i love the yanks it would probably be good for baseball to see the red sox or even the cubbies win one of theses world series.it is just a matter of time when boston knocks off the yanks,just like when in the 50's the yanks used to beat the dodgers every year in world series,but one year the dodgers won.boston has a great team this year and finally a one two punch with schilling and pedro.but having said all this go yanks.i grew up with the reggie yanks so they will always be my team,even if i am embarrassed sometimes by their big payroll,just as i will always be a bills fan.the bills could lose 10 more superbowls and they will be my team!

I've made some ridiculous statements that's for sure, but you said the Yankees were the greatest team in the history of baseballl?????  They don't even have the BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL!!!!!

63013[/snapback]

Dodgers 4 St. Louis Cardnals 0 Gee what happened to your team :D

IF YOU SPEND ALMOST TWICE AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE, YOU SHOULD WIN,  BULLY!  :(

MAIN REASON WHY BASEBALL SUCKS IS THE NEW YORK yankees! :D

63049[/snapback]

And thats why in the NHL teams with twice as much less payroll then the New York Rangers have done 100X better then the Rangers?

Rule dosent always apply. Case closed.

Your going to really hate the red sox and WILL respect them after their done with your Spankees!!

63100[/snapback]

Oh so after 86 years and better yet all the RECENT history, the Sox win once for once in their lives?

With all the stevestojan the Sox fans talk, I fully expect the Sox to win, show me how great you are then...and if you win your World Series already, then so be it.

good thing the diamondbacks, angels and marlins didn't watch them....

63130[/snapback]

Wait! Dont say that!!! Teams with moderate-low payroll BEAT the Yankees? That CANNOT happen acoording to some here, right!?!?!!

To Yankee Haters that keep whining about money:

STOP THE CRYING!!

No they are not.......

You guys are going home in the ALCS if you don't go home in game 5 of this series.

63006[/snapback]

According to you the Twins were supposed to send the Yankees home as well. What you should say is that you HOPE the Sox send the Yankees home because your predicitions are clearly beased upon your hate for the most successful team franchise in the history of sports.