Nice article on

bills_fan

as will the surprisingly pretty solid sammy morris.

866579[/snapback]

I always liked Sammy Morris as a Bill and thought he got the shaft here so it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Hey McBride you coming back for the Holidays? Let's get together and grab a brewski at the Hawk if you are.

I always liked Sammy Morris as a Bill and thought he got the shaft here so it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Hey McBride you coming back for the Holidays? Let's get together and grab a brewski at the Hawk if you are.

866638[/snapback]

nope - staying in nyc for xmas. we go to buffalo for thanksgiving ...

as will the surprisingly pretty solid sammy morris.

866579[/snapback]

If Flowers hadn't been a total whiff and had instead developed into an adequate player (or we'd gotten an actual performer at that spot) I think the 2000 draft could rise to the level of mediocre. Just goes to show how big a difference one player can make in how you think of things.

If Flowers hadn't been a total whiff and had instead developed into an adequate player (or we'd gotten an actual performer at that spot) I think the 2000 draft could rise to the level of mediocre.  Just goes to show how big a difference one player can make in how you think of things.

866741[/snapback]

Mediocre is pushing it. Forget Flowers...Corey Moore, Leif Larsen and Avion Black alone weigh this draft down.

DaShon Polk has had himself a decent career, I should've mentioned him in last post along with Morris.

Mediocre is pushing it.  Forget Flowers...Corey Moore, Leif Larsen and Avion Black alone weigh this draft down. 

DaShon Polk has had himself a decent career, I should've mentioned him in last post along with Morris.

866763[/snapback]

Moore was another big miss, but washing out of the NFL after a couple of years is my expectation for most late-round picks, so I would give a pass on Larsen and Black.

I would say mediocre (if Flowers wasn't a bust) because Tillman, Morris, and Polk have had longer than average careers, and Tillman has been a marginal starter at least most of that time. As it is IMO it's the misses on Flowers and Moore that make this one of the poorer drafts on record.

Moore was another big miss, but washing out of the NFL after a couple of years is my expectation for most late-round picks, so I would give a pass on Larsen and Black.

I would say mediocre (if Flowers wasn't a bust) because Tillman, Morris, and Polk have had longer than average careers, and Tillman has been a marginal starter at least most of that time.  As it is IMO it's the misses on Flowers and Moore that make this one of the poorer drafts on record.

866860[/snapback]

The draft is mediocre because these kids did not make any contribution to the Bills. It is immaterial if Morris, Tillman and Polk went on to have a ST career with other team.

The draft is mediocre because these kids did not make any contribution to the Bills. It is immaterial if Morris, Tillman and Polk went on to have a ST career with other team.

866947[/snapback]

Actually the draft's abysmal because no one made any lasting contribution to the Bills and out of the top 3 rounds Butler only came up with one marginal starter. However, I disagree that a draft pick's career with other teams is irrelevant to evaluating the quality of a draft. Sammy Morris was a pretty good fifth-round draft pick and I daresay could still be an important contributor to this team if TD had elected to keep him around.

Anyway, I'm probably going to drop this because I'm painting myself into a corner of defending a hypothetical draft that could've happened 6 years ago. :oops: