Troops in Mosul speak with Sean Hannity.

erynthered

Appears to me that he was talking to some of his fans that happen to be soldiers. Those men do not speak for all the soldiers. That one soldier who said we might have to be there for thirty years probably believes that, but that just won't happen, and in my opion it shouldn't. The United States occupied Haiti for 22 years in the 1920's and 1930's and it is now the poorest most underdeveloped place in the western hemisphere.

Appears to me that he was talking to some of his fans that happen to be soldiers. Those men do not speak for all the soldiers. That one soldier who said we might have to be there for thirty years probably believes that, but that just won't happen, and in my opion it shouldn't. The United States occupied Haiti for 22 years in the 1920's and 1930's and it is now the poorest most underdeveloped place in the western hemisphere.

865372[/snapback]

How long have we been in Japan and Germany? Nice lahjik.

Of course Hannity was talking to his fans. I know it'll freak you lefties out, but the vast majority of military people are staunchly conservative (though not necessarily Republican but definitely not Democrats). I doubt Hannity had to look very far to find a ton of folks more than willing to join him.

I do agree with you that we shouldn't be there for 30 years. Of course, we shouldn't be paying Social Security in 30 years either.

How long have we been in Japan and Germany?  Nice lahjik.

Of course Hannity was talking to his fans.  I know it'll freak you lefties out, but the vast majority of military people are staunchly conservative (though not necessarily Republican but definitely not Democrats).  I doubt Hannity had to look very far to find a ton of folks more than willing to join him.

I do agree with you that we shouldn't be there for 30 years.  Of course, we shouldn't be paying Social Security in 30 years either.

865404[/snapback]

I am inclined to agree with you AD, I'm sure Hannity did not have to look hard for memers of his fan base. That doesn't say much for the intellectual and reasoning capacity of our troops, though, does it. Come to think of it, AD, you are a retired military guy, would you also happen to be a fan of Hannity??? It would explain a great deal.

I am inclined to agree with you AD, I'm sure Hannity did not have to look hard for memers of his fan base.  That doesn't say much for the intellectual and reasoning capacity of our troops, though, does it.  Come to think of it, AD, you are a retired military guy, would you also happen to be a fan of Hannity???  It would explain a great deal.

865449[/snapback]

Nice. You're a typical spoiled civilian. You talk sh-- about the soldiers who stand up to protect you.

Scum.

Nice. You're a typical spoiled civilian. You talk sh-- about the soldiers who stand up to protect you.

Scum.

865520[/snapback]

For a person that is totally unaware of my service history, you leap to conculsions awfully quickly. Your reasoning ability is on par with that of Mr. Hannity's and his followers. No real surprise.

For a person that is totally unaware of my service history, you leap to conculsions awfully quickly.  Your reasoning ability is on par with that of Mr. Hannity's and his followers.  No real surprise.

865531[/snapback]

You implied the vast majority of the US military are conservative because they are dumb.

You are dumb but you are not conservative.

You might have served.

I might need Holcomb's Arm for these stats but I'll take a shot.......

You're Canadian.

How'd I do?

You implied the vast majority of the US military are conservative because they are dumb. 

You are dumb but you are not conservative.

You might have served.

I might need Holcomb's Arm for these stats but I'll take a shot.......

You're Canadian.

How'd I do?

865538[/snapback]

About as well as Sean Hannity might have done.

I am inclined to agree with you AD, I'm sure Hannity did not have to look hard for memers of his fan base.  That doesn't say much for the intellectual and reasoning capacity of our troops, though, does it. 

I don't think it says much of anything, to be honest. About 1% of Americans that I've met are able to both see through the charade of the big parties and refuse to be a part of the apparatchik that keeps them in power. You're certainly not one of them.

Make sure you let everyone know how much you support the troops, though.

Come to think of it, AD, you are a retired military guy, would you also happen to be a fan of Hannity???  It would explain a great deal.

865449[/snapback]

No, I'm not a fan of Hannity. Or Colmes. Or anyone else at Foxnews, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. I like Tim Russert, despite the fact that he leans to the left because he's not beholden to anything. But thanks for trying. Really.

To let you know how much a fan I am, I didn't watch the link. About the only time I see televised news is when my wife turns on Robin in the morning for 10 seconds (Tivo likes Headline News, for some reason), then flips to the local to see what traffic looks like.

No, I'm not a fan of Hannity.  Or Colmes.  Or anyone else at Foxnews, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc.  I like Tim Russert, despite the fact that he leans to the left because he's not beholden to anything.  But thanks for trying.  Really.

865551[/snapback]

Don't lie, you like Russert cause he's a Bills and Sabres fan. :w00t:

Don't lie, you like Russert cause he's a Bills and Sabres fan. :P

865562[/snapback]

I have seen him talk about the Bills a lot and the Sabres some. Do you know why that is? He grew up in Idaho right? I can't imagine there are many Bills/Sabres fans there.

:w00t:

How long have we been in Japan and Germany?  Nice lahjik.

Of course Hannity was talking to his fans.  I know it'll freak you lefties out, but the vast majority of military people are staunchly conservative (though not necessarily Republican but definitely not Democrats).  I doubt Hannity had to look very far to find a ton of folks more than willing to join him.

I do agree with you that we shouldn't be there for 30 years.  Of course, we shouldn't be paying Social Security in 30 years either.

865404[/snapback]

Japan and Germany are not Iraq. Very different places. How long did resitance last in those places after the war? I'm not sure I agree that the vast majority of troops are Conservative. Most 18 year old are not really political. Still, I would challenge the premise of what the soldiers were saying. I don't believe the mass of troops believe in the mission. I think he aired troops who said what he wanted said. Would have been easy to do 100 interviews and then put on tv the ones you wanted. There are many instances of troops not wanting to go, their families complaining of yet more tours and the hardships entailed. Hannity just put some gung ho guys on. Really, who in their right mind would want to put their lives on the line for the Iraqis who basically hate our troops?

Japan and Germany are not Iraq. Very different places. How long did resitance last in those places after the war?

How long did the resistance last in Haiti? How does Haiti compare to Iraq?

I'm not sure I agree that the vast majority of troops are Conservative. Most 18 year old are not really political.

I don't care if you agree. If you don't, you'd simply be wrong. Here's a newsflash: the vast majority of people in the military aren't teenagers.

Still, I would challenge the premise of what the soldiers were saying. I don't believe the mass of troops believe in the mission. I think he aired troops who said what he wanted said. Would have been easy to do 100 interviews and then put on tv the ones you wanted.

Ah, so when a conservative is doing interviews they only use the ones that favor their position. Do you use the same critical eye with the other 97% of news organizations who do EXACTLY THE SAME THING?

There are many instances of troops not wanting to go, their families complaining of yet more tours and the hardships entailed. Hannity just put some gung ho guys on.

Here's another newsflash: Unless you fight a war for a Caribbean Island and guarantee each of the troops an acre of beachfront when it's over, no one is going to want to leave their nice home and family in America. Trust me, I served.

Really, who in their right mind would want to put their lives on the line for the Iraqis who basically hate our troops?

865576[/snapback]

Thanks for regurgitating the mass media speak. I'll leave the response to this drivel to the guys who've fought there this time. What say you, brothers? Do all Iraqis hate American troops?

I have seen him talk about the Bills a lot and the Sabres some.  Do you know why that is?  He grew up in Idaho right?  I can't imagine there are many Bills/Sabres fans there.

:w00t:

865567[/snapback]

Perhaps he was living in his own private Idaho, which he imagined was Buffalo for some strange reason?

How long did the resistance last in Haiti?  How does Haiti compare to Iraq?

I don't care if you agree.  If you don't, you'd simply be wrong.  Here's a newsflash:  the vast majority of people in the military aren't teenagers.

Ah, so when a conservative is doing interviews they only use the ones that favor their position.  Do you use the same critical eye with the other 97% of news organizations who do EXACTLY THE SAME THING? 

Here's another newsflash:  Unless you fight a war for a Caribbean Island and guarantee each of the troops an acre of beachfront when it's over, no one is going to want to leave their nice home and family in America.  Trust me, I served.

Thanks for regurgitating the mass media speak.  I'll leave the response to this drivel to the guys who've fought there this time.  What say you, brothers?  Do all Iraqis hate American troops?

865584[/snapback]

The resistance in Hati lasted years and brutal tactics were used and didn't work. Haiti was/is a failed state just like Iraq is. No, they are not teenagers, but I really don't think a vast majority, or even a majority support the Iraq war. If you think that Sean Hannity is as fair and balanced as a regular news organization then perhaps you need a news flash. Most news organization try and present both sides. Hannity has little interest in that, even if his little buddy there, the drowned sewar rat looking colbs makes it appear that way. No, all Iraqis don't hate Americans, just most. Afterall, some are making millions of dollars off of us. Isn't that how it always works? American 'aid' is wonderful, especially to the few who steal the majority of it. How many Iraq war veterans ran for Congress as Republicans?

The resistance in Hati lasted years and brutal tactics were used and didn't work. Haiti was/is a failed state just like Iraq is.

Yep, virtual mirror images of each other. :w00t:

No, they are not teenagers, but I really don't think a vast majority, or even a majority support the Iraq war.

When the military becomes a democracy, that'll actually be a salient point. I served. For a long time. I never wanted to fight for anyone else's piece of grass, regardless of whether I liked them or not.

If you think that Sean Hannity is as fair and balanced as a regular news organization then perhaps you need a news flash. Most news organization try and present both sides.

:P:):):doh:;)

Hannity has little interest in that, even if his little buddy there, the drowned sewar rat looking colbs makes it appear that way.

You mean because they're part of the "for profit" media? I'm just shocked. Mostly about the fact that you libs continue to waste such effort on what is a miniscule part of the picture.

No, all Iraqis don't hate Americans, just most. Afterall, some are making millions of dollars off of us. Isn't that how it always works? American 'aid' is wonderful, especially to the few who steal the majority of it.

Liberalism at it's finest. I know you'll have a tough time making the connection, as always.

How many Iraq war veterans ran for Congress as Republicans?

865676[/snapback]

I have no idea, nor do I care. The ones who ran as Democrats are simply serving the other master, not offering any viable solution. That's going to be tough for you to get, but over the next eight years it'll play out exactly that way.

Yep, virtual mirror images of each other.  :thumbsup:

When the military becomes a democracy, that'll actually be a salient point.  I served.  For a long time.  I never wanted to fight for anyone else's piece of grass, regardless of whether I liked them or not. 

:lol:  :huh:  :lol:  :ph34r:  :lol:

You mean because they're part of the "for profit" media?  I'm just shocked.  Mostly about the fact that you libs continue to waste such effort on what is a miniscule part of the picture.

Liberalism at it's finest.  I know you'll have a tough time making the connection, as always.

I have no idea, nor do I care.  The ones who ran as Democrats are simply serving the other master, not offering any viable solution.  That's going to be tough for you to get, but over the next eight years it'll play out exactly that way.

865728[/snapback]

So to review: The ultra Conservative military is failing at the ultra liberal mission of making Iraq a nation state. Hannity, who admits to an agenda is no different than the for profit media that simply wants to make a buck, you served in the military which means no one else can point out things about said military.

Interesting

BTW, do you see our giant Cold War military as a part of this liberal monster that is stealing our money? Lord knows they waste enough money and function as an over bloated bureaucracy