So, this team has won four of the last six,

Gary M

two of the best teams in the AFC, and what have I read.

They need a "real" #1 and #2 WR

Fletcher should be let go.

The D gives up too many yards.

Is there a pattern here?

863978[/snapback]

:beer:

Is there a pattern here?

863978[/snapback]

Yes, that the 'real' and 'hardy' Bills fans are perpetual complainers that are only happy when complaining.

It is no fun highlighting the fact we have (a) one of the best special teams in the NFL (b) one of the leagues best red zone quarterbacks as of late (b) our revamped offensive line is playing pretty solid football and makes drafting on OL (thankfully) less imperative (everyone think Mike Williams) © very few, if any 'high stakes' drafting needs; in fact, IMHO the only glaring needs on the team maybe limited to LB and a run stopping DL; certainly depth or marginal upgrades at some positions are ok but nothing is jumps out lately (d) have a pretty effective and strong running back tandem (e) a secondary that has the makings of being in the elite of the NFL (f) a core coaching staff that is quite strong and only in their first year here at Buffalo (sans April) (g) a real chance at finishing 8-8 which nobody seriously thought would happen.

Bottom line, it is easy to complain and try to sound 'smart' then it is to see the positives.

Is there a pattern here?

863978[/snapback]

1) Anyone who still thinks Lee Evans isn't legit has licked countless windows, our #2 WR position is decent as well

2) Fletcher should be given the key to the city

3) The D does get gashed at times, but they come up with big plays

4) Yes

Is there a pattern here?

863978[/snapback]

Evans has performed extremely well, and Price has stepped up with clutch catches.

Fletcher is the glue on the defensive side of the ball. He should be re-signed if at all possible.

We need better play in the middle of the line, and OLB. Crowell was a liability. We'll see what happens without him (early returns are promising).

I don't see the same (field) coverage abilities from TKO, but I'll listen to those who say that he continues to improve.

I don't detect a pattern unless that this is a young team with a new staff that continues to improve.

I've always disagreed with the Wide Receiver argument. The problem was the offensive line and inability to stop the pass rush. We are improving in that area and we're seeing much more production from receivers. The tight ends (Royal and Cieslak) are looking better, and I'm rethinking the priority for tight end in the draft. Fletcher is terrific, and I can't think we would let him go. He might retire somewhere down the line, so a linebacker would be somewhere on the third round block.

The defense run stopping is still a problem so a big ol' run stopper should be high on the agenda. Offensive center and gaurd are looking like the need positions.

The bills are looking very good, but the fans want them to be looking better, on the way to looking best!

We don't have any depth on the OL.. If Peters or Fowler were to get injured we will be sticking in Merz and Reyes in this lineup, something I don't want to see. Pennington is still a rookie and will continue to be under the microscope. We will have to balance our running on both sides. Otherwise, teams are going to catch up on our game plan and plan for it. Until we get push on the running game on the right side that side will still be a weakness. However, I like this coaching staff ability to being patient while dealing with its young players.

The linebackers have given up too many big running plays. Also, they have given up too many rushing touchdowns in the red zone. We definitely need some play makers in the front seven.

Our Tight Ends have been literally used as pass blockers due to the weak offensive line. While Royal is a good serviceable tight end we need a good pass catching tight end like a Daniel Graham from the free agent pool.

We definitely need a second wide receiver that can take the pressure off Lee Evans. Right now Price has made some clutch catches, but is not a consistent threat at the second wide receiver position.

We don't have any depth on the OL.. If Peters or Fowler were to get injured we will be sticking in Merz and Reyes in this lineup, something I don't want to see.  Pennington is still a rookie and will continue to be under the microscope.  We will have to balance our running on both sides. Otherwise, teams are going to catch up on our game plan and plan for it. Until we get push on the running game on the right side that side will still be a weakness.  However, I like this coaching staff ability to being patient while dealing with its young players.

The linebackers have given up too many big running plays.  Also, they have given up too many rushing touchdowns in the red zone.  We definitely need some play makers in the front seven.

Our Tight Ends have been literally used as pass blockers due to the weak offensive line. While Royal is a good serviceable tight end we need a good pass catching tight end like a Daniel Graham from the free agent pool.

We definitely need a second wide receiver that can take the pressure off Lee Evans. Right now Price has made some clutch catches, but is not a consistent threat at the second wide receiver position.

864243[/snapback]

I think Price is OK as a third WR. Evans is fine as a 1st WR. We need a really big fast slant and slot WR that JP can hit on the crossing routes. Make him the 2nd WR.

On the DL we need a space eating run stopping DL. Let the DE's chase the QB around.

The OL can always use improving , if not then for depth.

Go Bill's !

We don't have any depth on the OL.. If Peters or Fowler were to get injured we will be sticking in Merz and Reyes in this lineup, something I don't want to see. 

864243[/snapback]

They have been fortunate this season with lack of OL injuries. I'm happy to see Pennington in. OL play is the closest to orchestration as football comes. While talent matters a lot, there is a lot to be said for playing time getting a player in sync with the rest of the line.

It pays to get the bench in the game when you can.

They have been fortunate this season with lack of OL injuries. I'm happy to see Pennington in.  OL play is the closest to orchestration as football comes. While talent matters a lot, there is a lot to be said for playing time getting a player in sync with the rest of the line.

It pays to get the bench in the game when you can.

864281[/snapback]

We actually lucked out with the injury on the OL.....Injuries to Reyes and Villarial caused this shuffle of the OL which has worked to our advantage.