Champagne: Is it safe in luggage?

BillsWatch

I have been getting bottles of Champagne by hotel. I remember hearing that being in an airplane hold unpressurized can ruin it. I am not much of a Champagne drinker and certainly have no reason to drink it alone in hotel so I figured I'd bring it back on plane but with new "safety" rules you can not bring liquids on the plane.

Will it be ruined in hold?

I know TSA will be sampling it since they have opened my suitcase each and every time I have flew to California.

Not a problem.  Champagne is sealed better than any other type of wine.  However you say that TSA will sample it?  If they open it they might as well sample the whole bottle because there is no way to safely reseal it for shipping.

863811[/snapback]

TSA has been opening everything else of mine include sealed bottles so I see no reason why they would not open the Champagne bottle. They broke open my TSA approved lock.

TSA has been opening everything else of mine include sealed bottles so I see no reason why they would not open the Champagne bottle.  They broke open my TSA approved lock.

863831[/snapback]

Are you putting your shoes on top? :beer::doh:

Put them on top... They won't mess with you... ;);)

But, seriously... How are you packing the items?

I am not sure what is triggering the TSA checks.

Last time I had lots of media in it, my clothes, my toiletries and not much else.

This time I basically had clothes in it, my computer and my shaver.

It does not make any sensw why they keep opening my suitcase.

And regarding the "cheap champagne" I do not know anything about champagne and whether this is good or cheap champagne.

I have been getting bottles of Champagne by hotel.  I remember hearing that being in an airplane hold unpressurized can ruin it.  I am not much of a Champagne drinker and certainly have no reason to drink it alone in hotel so I figured I'd bring it back on plane but with new "safety" rules you can not bring liquids on the plane.

Will it be ruined in hold?

I know TSA will be sampling it since they have opened my suitcase each and every time I have flew to California.

863799[/snapback]

It will be safe in my carry on.

I am not sure what is triggering the TSA checks.

Last time I had lots of media in it, my clothes, my toiletries and not much else.

This time I basically had clothes in it, my computer and my shaver.

It does not make any sensw why they keep opening my suitcase.

And regarding the "cheap champagne" I do not know anything about champagne and whether this is good or cheap champagne.

863931[/snapback]

You must be on "The List".

You check your computer?  Wow, thats a great way to get it broken...I would definitely carry on the computer, as well as the champagne.  If they don't let you take the booze, leave it...

864176[/snapback]

Can't carry on a bottle of champagne - no liquids of greater volume than 3oz allowed.

I agree with the computer - that thing will be broken or stolen sooner or later if you check it.