Media

Why is it, that whenever the Bills have a big win or upset a team, it's because the team "played poorly" or "wasn't on their A game?"

Why is it never that "The Bills had an outstanding game" or "The Bills absolutely tore Chad Pennington a new one?"

Someday, it'll be the opposite hopefully (The Bills didn't play their A game today) but I don't get why the media can give us no credit.

Why is it, that whenever the Bills have a big win or upset a team, it's because the team "played poorly" or "wasn't on their A game?"

Why is it never that "The Bills had an outstanding game" or "The Bills absolutely tore Chad Pennington a new one?"

Someday, it'll be the opposite hopefully (The Bills didn't play their A game today) but I don't get why the media can give us no credit.

863778[/snapback]

Did you notice at the end of the half, they showed the jets scoring plays and Lee evans missing the first bomb.

it was as if the jets were leading.

I'll give it a shot:

Reasons 1-1,000,000: Because we've been a sorry franchise for the better part of 10 years and an overall losing franchise with the exception of a few amazing teams in the mid 60s and a dominant run in the late 80s-early 90s.* Additionally, there was some backlash of being "that team" who wouldn't go away during the Super Bowls and the stigma of being the 4-time loser.

Seriously, the media loves to get behind the "underdog" and a small-market team rich with football history is just that kind of thing. When Flutie started rallying us, you couldn't get our name out of the newspapers.

Once this team starts winning again, the media will jump right in line behind us.

*I apologize to Bills' fans older and wiser than me if I missed some other years of great success.