Bowl Game Roll Call...

bartshan-83

I sucked it up and put together a little trip to N'awlins with my boys to hit up a little New Years/Sugar Bowl combo. Always wanted to see the city...should be chaos.

I know Cajun will be there too...

Smokin, you heading back west? Blue, I don't even know where Texas is playing. Ed, I'm sure you are following the #1c team in the country to their bowl game. They should lay a hurtin on K-State. I'll definitely be laying some bills on that one.

Faustus...hittin up the big show?

Ramius...uh, FSU make one? Or will there just be an intersquad scrimmage at the "We finally got rid of that dead weight son of our possibly becoming senile coach" bowl?

Rich, Lori, Dev....PSU?

Michigan @ssholes (and I mean that in the nicest way :thumbsup: ), you heading out to see if your boys are pissed enough to bang up the Trojans?

Of course! Where are you guys sitting? We are in section 609, row 18. I just recieved my tickets in the mail today. I can't wait!

Here's a cool Superdome virtual view, just click on your section and row in on the map, and it'll show you a virtual 3-d picture of your view.

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/new_orleans_saints/

Of course! Where are you guys sitting? We are in section 609, row 18. I just recieved my tickets in the mail today. I can't wait!

Here's a cool Superdome virtual view, just click on your section and row in on the map, and it'll show you a virtual 3-d picture of your view.

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/new_orleans_saints/

863760[/snapback]

Haven't gotten the tickets yet...I'll let you know for sure when we figure it all out.

We are staying at that Hotel St. Marie though...seemed pretty sweet. Balcony rooms, 1/2 block from Bourbon street (though I hear it's a long fcking street and you don't want to be at the wrong end so hopefully we are near some good action).

What's the deal with the bars? I've heard there aren't really official closing times and open container laws aren't really in effect....are these just hopeful rumors?

Haven't gotten the tickets yet...I'll let you know for sure when we figure it all out.

We are staying at that Hotel St. Marie though...seemed pretty sweet.  Balcony rooms, 1/2 block from Bourbon street (though I hear it's a long fcking street and you don't want to be at the wrong end so hopefully we are near some good action).

What's the deal with the bars?  I've heard there aren't really official closing times and open container laws aren't really in effect....are these just hopeful rumors?

863777[/snapback]

Nope, you are correct. You can walk around with any kind of alchohol container except glass bottles. Most of the places serve the beer in draft cups anyways. Be sure to try the hurricanes and hand granades, bourbon st. favorites. Bars usually close around 4am, but since you'll be there for new years, it'll be PACKED, so they'll reopen a couple hours later for the daytime crowd. There are areas of the street to stay away from, you'll know it. Two pointers, do NOT wear to many Mardi Gras beads around your neck, you're sure to get mugged. Mardi Gras beads when it's not mardi gras usually means TOURISTS, and where's there's tourists, there's MONEY! Another pointer is, carry all your money, wallet, credit cards, ect in your front pockets, preferrably with a zipper, and when squeezing your way through the crowds, keep one hand over your pocket.

Also, when walking through, keep your camera ready, because you'll see some ( o )( o )!!

I sucked it up and put together a little trip to N'awlins with my boys to hit up a little New Years/Sugar Bowl combo.  Always wanted to see the city...should be chaos.

Smokin, you heading back west? 

863748[/snapback]

Nice, sweet trip, should be a blast.

Nah man, unfortunately I will not be making the trek to Pasadena. But it works out pretty well...One of my friends from school is getting married in Tampa on New Years Eve. Normally that may sound like a horrible idea, but actually, I kinda like it. You're always looking for something to do on NYE, and at least a wedding combines a lot of friends with an open bar. Plus, I'll get to watch the Rose the next day with a big crew from college, so that works out.

Enjoy the games, safe travels to all who will be heading out to support their squad...

Ramius...uh, FSU make one?  Or will there just be an intersquad scrimmage at the "We finally got rid of that dead weight son of our possibly becoming senile coach" bowl?

863748[/snapback]

yah we made one...6-6 baby! Got a bid to the emerald bowl in SF to play UCLA. I dont particularly like our chances, because if UCLA's defense shows up like they did against USC, We may score 3 points with our offense. Then again, our defense can keep us in it.

I am predicting a solid 9-6 slugfest loss. Unfortunately i cant make the cross country trek, nor would this years team be worth it. But i'll enjoy watching the lovely Dec 27th bowl game from home in buffalo.

I sucked it up and put together a little trip to N'awlins with my boys to hit up a little New Years/Sugar Bowl combo.  Always wanted to see the city...should be chaos.

Smokin, you heading back west?  Blue, I don't even know where Texas is playing.  Ed, I'm sure you are following the #1c team in the country to their bowl game.  They should lay a hurtin on K-State.  I'll definitely be laying some bills on that one.

Faustus...hittin up the big show?

Ramius...uh, FSU make one?  Or will there just be an intersquad scrimmage at the "We finally got rid of that dead weight son of our possibly becoming senile coach" bowl?

Rich, Lori, Dev....PSU?

Michigan @ssholes (and I mean that in the nicest way :w00t: ), you heading out to see if your boys are pissed enough to bang up the Trojans?

863748[/snapback]

Psycho Ward 86 and I have a trip to Vegas planned for February that is going to use up quite a bit of the finances. I'm also heading up to Erie this weekend (and to the Bills-Miami game as well), so that's it in terms of trips for me for some time.

The next time I'll probably get to see PSU play will be next year's game against "that school" in Happy Valley.

Have fun @ the bowl game.

Texas is playing in the Alamo bowl in San Antonio.

It works out, cause I'm in San Antonio during that time as well.

Still trying to get tickets though - they never notified us that they were going on sale for students, and then magically the game sold out. :censored:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.