The new, mature, Peerless Price

ChicagoRic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if I was the only one that saw that...

863834[/snapback]

I was beginning to wonder if I even had.....

Old opinions die hard around here.

Were you proud of me after Week 1 when I gave him some props for his blocking?-)

I dare say #1 receiver is the real need.  Evans is a great burner, and a good receiver, but I think an Eric Moulds (or Calvin Johnson) type opposite him would be much better.

863742[/snapback]

I dare say that Evans is the #1 receiver and if you think a number 2 receiver should be the guy who is 8th in the NFL in receiving yards I would love to see who you'd want as a #1.

I was just loosening him up.

As soon as the next play started I put the twin-knuckler in his kidney.  :beer:

863856[/snapback]

Nice!

btw... if my calculations are correct <geeky snivel> I have just drawn you in a first round FF playoff matchup :doh:

Nice!

btw... if my calculations are correct <geeky snivel> I have just drawn you in a first round FF matchup  :doh:

863872[/snapback]

:beer:

I was hoping you'd get in, but at the #3 seed.

And in addition to Portis, I've now lost Kevin Jones as well.

Oh well, I still have Devin Hester.......

:beer:

I was hoping you'd get in, but at the #3 seed.

And in addition to Portis, I've now lost Kevin Jones as well.

Oh well, I still have Devin Hester.......

863876[/snapback]

Talk about :doh: I can't look myself in the mirror knowing I took Alexander over LT ;)

I think Hands of Stone Reed is expendable.

863810[/snapback]

Reed has come to play this year and i haven't seen him drop that many this season, maybe one to four at most. I think they got him involved in some kind of psycho-therapy to over come his butter finger ailment.

I dare say #1 receiver is the real need.  Evans is a great burner, and a good receiver, but I think an Eric Moulds (or Calvin Johnson) type opposite him would be much better.

863742[/snapback]

I agree and don't.... because i do think Lee Evans is a #1. The guy has lethal speed, great hands and isn't afriad to go down the middle.

But i do agree, Parrish and Price are fun to watch, but they need someone with size, like a Plaxico Burress. I don't really like Drew Bennett, one, i don't really trust white WRs, second of all, his stats arn't great and never were but he does have lots of potential i agree, but third, let's not go for a guy named Drew for another few years...

So my suggestion is, Dwaynn Jarrett out of USC.

Calvin Johnson would be my choice, but he's top 5. No way he are getting him.

Actually, what you're saying is that a tough possession receiver who can make catches in traffic is a real need.  Which makes perfect sense...Price and Evans complement each other poorly, but each was complemented nicely by Eric Moulds. 

Doesn't mean Evans isn't a #1 receiver, though...it means he needs a receiver on the field with him who isn't a wilting flower.

863761[/snapback]

Like possibly a outstanding pass catching TE like Eric Johnson?

Old opinions die hard around here. While his numbers are fairly pedestrian, I've seen some real nice things at times this year from Price. He's been involved in blocking downfield more than he ever was the first time here. Plus he's made some very clutch catches, and shows good body control as mentioned. The numbers he got for his contract aren't really that significant IMO as compared to some of the reactions around here. It would be nice if he didn't dissapear at times, but he sure is a different player this time around. Could the position be improved? Yes. Bot he's certainly playing hard out there, and has contibuted at key moments. Wr's are not all Moulds type bruisers.

863832[/snapback]

On Sunday I watched him OLE a guy who took a clean shot at McGahee. The week before he ran OOB on an end-around 2 yards shy of the first down without being touched. He's an old dog now and I don't see many new tricks. He was always fast and could make pretty catches. It's the other stuff... :beer:

On Sunday I watched him OLE a guy who took a clean shot at McGahee.  The week before he ran OOB on an end-around 2 yards shy of the first down without being touched.  He's an old dog now and I don't see many new tricks.  He was always fast and  could make pretty catches.  It's the other stuff... :beer:

864010[/snapback]

Fair enough. He never was going to be the type to run through tackles though. Think Rams receivers (ie. they'll catch a ball and then go down, or OOB to avoid contact and stay fresh)...

I've always thought the university of tennessee could put together the best team in the NFL of all colleges. Peyton Manning throwing to PP, Jason Whitten, Kelly Washington and Donte Stallworth. Travis Henry and C. Houston, and Jamal at running backs, Leonard Little, jabari Greer, Jason Allen, the Colquit boys kicking...hmmm...would be interesting to put together an "All...X" team (Notre Dame, Miami, Ohio State?) and see what comes out. There may be other colleges in competition, but I'd sat Univ. of Tenn is the best.

Old opinions die hard around here.

863832[/snapback]

Exactly. Reed dropped one past yesterday, the 1st I can remember this season and now he is label Hands of stone Reed based on his previous 3 years. While we are at it Lindell misses the FG against the Colts and all of a sudden some bring up 2004. It is like someone who knew you as a baby; like an older sibling: they can never get over the fact that they knew you when you were crawling around pooping in diapers! No matter how much you have grown and progressed they can never get over how things use to to be!

Exactly. Reed dropped one past yesterday, the 1st I can remember this season and now he is label Hands of stone Reed based on his previous 3 years. While we are at it Lindell misses the FG against the Colts and all of a sudden some bring up 2004. It is like someone who knew you as a baby; like an older sibling: they can never get over the fact that they knew you when you were crawling around pooping in diapers! No matter how much you have grown and progressed they can never get over how things use to to be!

864026[/snapback]

Dropped? His arms were completely extended and that pass barely grazed his fingertips.

I dare say that Evans is the #1 receiver and if you think a number 2 receiver should be the guy who is 8th in the NFL in receiving yards I would love to see who you'd want as a #1.

863854[/snapback]

He's not wrong that we need someone who is actually willing to extend their arms and run routes over the middle. A real threat inside would make LE even more deadly (assuming JP didn't get the guy killed with one of his high howitzers).

I'm not sure what a Rick James Charlie Murphy is, but yeah it was an open-handed slap. He and one of the Jet DB's were sort of jawing while disengaging after a play and Peerless slapped him in the head. It wasn't vicious or anything but if an official had caught it he'd have definitely drawn a 15.

863753[/snapback]

Remember the play, but I didn't catch the number on the tele. A few brakes went our way Sunday and this was one of them.

[also posting from the windy city]

he's been a suitable stand-in for the time being.  the night the beatles first played on the ed sullivan show, George Harrison was sick and unable to attend the rehearsal during that day.  Because the camera crew needed to go through the blocking for that night's performance, John Lennon asked the janitor to stand in for George pretending his mop was a guitar.  Price is the janitor, this season is the rehearsal and I can't wait to see who we have playing there next year...

863727[/snapback]

There's more to the story.. ...

Rock music was a new thing and TV studio sound engineers weren't that adept at doing sound for live rock acts. During rehearsals that afternoon, The Beatles had chalkmarks put near the console dials on the sound board, to mark where the levels should be for the best mix. The cleaning crew was in before showtime, and cleaned all the chalk marks off. Don't know if it was the same George stand-in who cleaned the marks.

What this has to do with Peerless Price - I have no idea.

But I agree...Peerless has shown a lot more maturity this year. I was glad to see him go a couple of years ago, but am pleased with his play this year.

That said, I still think we need another serious wideout threat to compliment Evans to give us a one-two punch. Peerless is good/adequate, but he's not near pro-bowl status.

Rumor is that the Ed Sullivan janitor was really the walrus.