We're in Peter King's "Fine Fifteen"

Whoopee

Granted, we're tied with Miami and Pittsburgh for 15, but still.  Enough people rip on King because he supposedly hates us with a passion, but nobody seems to mention when he gives Buffalo credit.  He also had some nice things to say about McGahee and the defense.

863138[/snapback]

He probably got to see a bills game in person finally. Lots of times, these guys see highlights on ESPN and make up a opinion about their team....

Even today morning on MIke & Mike, when they were going over the games, Mike Golic mumbles the following: "Looks like they made big plays, I see in the stat sheet a 57 yard rushing TD, a 77 yard passing TD and a 54 yd INT". That tells me that Golic never saw the game yesterday (or even the highlights) and still wants to provide an opinion about that game.

He probably got to see a bills game in person finally.  Lots of times, these guys see highlights on ESPN and make up a opinion about their team....

Even today morning on MIke & Mike, when they were going over the games, Mike Golic mumbles the following: "Looks like they made big plays, I see in the stat sheet a 57 yard rushing TD, a 77 yard passing TD and a 54 yd INT".  That tells me that Golic never saw the game yesterday (or even the highlights) and still wants to provide an opinion about that game.

863141[/snapback]

So True

Whoopee

Granted, we're tied with Miami and Pittsburgh for 15, but still.  Enough people rip on King because he supposedly hates us with a passion, but nobody seems to mention when he gives Buffalo credit.  He also had some nice things to say about McGahee and the defense.

863138[/snapback]

Of the entire 7 page article, I loved his ripping of TO the most. If that is not as scathing an article in the football press as I have seen, I don't know what is. Excellent !

Of the entire 7 page article, I loved his ripping of TO the most. If that is not as scathing an article in the football press as I have seen, I don't know what is. Excellent !

863152[/snapback]

I think he was one of the biggest mouths who criticized ESPN for talking about TO during september rather than 31 other teams in the NFL and then he goes out and writes about TO.

Whoopee

863138[/snapback]

Actually, in the last few weeks, he has had several good things to say about the Bills.

Whoopee

863138[/snapback]

Didn't we just beat the jets at the swamp by 18? How are we behind them?

He doesn't adhere to records.  King is always big on his neutral field argument.  And Tenn (6-7) is 12th.

863177[/snapback]

I don't the Jets are better than the Bills, but I don't know if it's too surprising that the Bills are behind them to non-Bills experts. The Jets looked dominant against the Texans and Packers while the Bills squeaked by those teams. Going into the game, the Jets definitely looked far-better than the Bills to most national observers. He also didn't put the Jags ahead of the Colts.

I don't the Jets are better than the Bills, but I don't know if it's too surprising that the Bills are behind them to non-Bills experts. The Jets looked dominant against the Texans and Packers while the Bills squeaked by those teams. Going into the game, the Jets definitely looked far-better than the Bills to most national observers. He also didn't put the Jags ahead of the Colts.

863182[/snapback]

One of the reasons the Jets got a little hype also was the way they dismantled the Patriots and lost narrowly to the Bears when they could have had the game.....

We got dismantled by both NE and Chicago when we played them in Oct/Nov.

I'm guessing that the Bills will get some positive ink. Beating the Jets at home - convincingly - gets a lot of attention.

I also think that the NFL cities' local newspaper beat writers have a better view of them than the national crowd.

The locals follow their home club, and I think have a deeper view of the quality of the opposition.

The beat writer here in Cincy has kept the Bills in the mid to low 20's in his own power rankings most of the season - in this Sunday's paper with BUF at #20, he remarked..."lost 4 games by a total of 9 points"...