JP, then and now

Mickey

At the start of training camp, I argued that JP's biggest problem and the thing he most had to correct was accuracy, especially in the red zone.

Last year he was awful, with only a 31% completion percentage in the red zone.

This year, he has a 67% completion percentage to go along with 8 TDs, zero interceptions and a QB rating of 116 in the red zone.

In the 4th quarter with the score within 7 either way, he has a 62% completion percentage, 5 TDs and only one pick.

Overall, his QB rating was 65 last year and currently is at 85 this year.

He needed to improve his accuracy and he has done just that. I think that we have our QB for the forseeable future.

At the start of training camp, I argued that JP's biggest problem and the thing he most had to correct was accuracy, especially in the red zone.

Last year he was awful, with only a 31% completion percentage in the red zone.

This year, he has a 67% completion percentage to go along with 8 TDs, zero interceptions and a QB rating of 116 in the red zone.

In the 4th quarter with the score within 7 either way, he has a 62% completion percentage, 5 TDs and only one pick.

Overall, his QB rating was 65 last year and currently is at 85 this year.

He needed to improve his accuracy and he has done just that.  I think that we have our QB for the forseeable future.

863086[/snapback]

I argued, then and now, that it had very little to do with his accuracy, and everything to do with him being jittery. And when he got used to playing, and used to the speed of the game, and had experience reading defenses, that his throws would be a lot more accurate, because he had no history of being an inaccurate passer. And I think that's exactly what happened. Even now, when he is inaccurate, like when he badly overthrew Evans early, and then slightly under-threw him on the TD (which IMO is still a good pass because it went for a score without a defender having a chance at it) it's more of his emotions and adrenaline than his ability as a passer. He even mentioned it in the post game. That when he sees a guy wide open it's almost harder to complete the pass because it flashes in your head "don't miss this guy".

I totally agree with you.

I don't think he will ever develop into the game changing Brett Favre but i think he's developed very well into the game-managing QB something like a Jake Delhomme which is A-OK with me. I think Losman has devloped alot this season and he is the type of QB that i can trust in a big game, to not lose the game for us, and if need be, be the guy who wins it for us. He has shown lots of heart and looks like a starter for many years to come!

I totally agree with you.

I don't think he will ever develop into the game changing Brett Favre but i think he's developed very well into the game-managing QB something like a Jake Delhomme which is A-OK with me. I think Losman has devloped alot this season and he is the type of QB that i can trust in a big game, to not lose the game for us, and if need be, be the guy who wins it for us. He has shown lots of heart and looks like a starter for many years to come!

863104[/snapback]

I don't want him to be a Favre, or a Delhomme or a Brady...I want a Losman leading us to the SB.

I don't want him to be a Favre, or a Delhomme or a Brady...I want a Losman leading us to the SB.

863111[/snapback]

And the three guys you named, lead their teams to the SB.....

I'm just comparing his style of play, at draft day and beyond, people said Losman at best would be a Favre. Now, i see him as a Delhomme, and i'm fine with it. That is all i was saying.

And the three guys you named, lead their teams to the SB.....

I'm just comparing his style of play, at draft day and beyond, people said Losman at best would be a Favre. Now, i see him as a Delhomme, and i'm fine with it. That is all i was saying.

863115[/snapback]

Seeing that Delhomme is close to being benched, I'll pass on him. I would prefer Favre pre-1997 when he last had a good season that didn't end with a bone-headed interception in the playoffs.

BYW, JP's qb ranking is currently equal to that of God-like Brady.