Dolphins Game If it doesn't

MattF2000

Just a thought but I was wondering if this is allowed.. Obviously the Bills/Fins game this weekend may not have huge playoff implications although both teams are still mathematically alive. But if the game doesn't sell out by Thursday at 1pm, is it possible for Ralph to buy up the tickets and donate them to, say, less fortunate kids in Buffalo so the game can be on television? It'd be a great publicity stunt right around the holidays. And a Bills/Dolphins game not on television in late December just seems like a crime against humanity. Ok well maybe not that severe but.. I for one will be at the game as usual but I didn't know if this was a possibility. I know sometimes corporations have bought the tickets up. I didn't know if the actual owner was allowed to...

Just a thought but I was wondering if this is allowed.. Obviously the Bills/Fins game this weekend may not have huge playoff implications although both teams are still mathematically alive. But if the game doesn't sell out by Thursday at 1pm, is it possible for Ralph to buy up the tickets and donate them to, say, less fortunate kids in Buffalo so the game can be on television?  It'd be a great publicity stunt right around the holidays.  And a Bills/Dolphins game not on television in late December just seems like a crime against humanity.  Ok well maybe not that severe but.. I for one will be at the game as usual but I didn't know if this was a possibility.  I know sometimes corporations have bought the tickets up.  I didn't know if the actual owner was allowed to...

862984[/snapback]

It probably depends on how many tickets are left. If there are more than 1,000 I don't think they will be bought up.

Just a thought but I was wondering if this is allowed.. Obviously the Bills/Fins game this weekend may not have huge playoff implications although both teams are still mathematically alive. But if the game doesn't sell out by Thursday at 1pm, is it possible for Ralph to buy up the tickets and donate them to, say, less fortunate kids in Buffalo so the game can be on television?  It'd be a great publicity stunt right around the holidays.  And a Bills/Dolphins game not on television in late December just seems like a crime against humanity.  Ok well maybe not that severe but.. I for one will be at the game as usual but I didn't know if this was a possibility.  I know sometimes corporations have bought the tickets up.  I didn't know if the actual owner was allowed to...

862984[/snapback]

Thats usually what happens if there is only 1-2 thousand remaining.

Ralph and/or a corporate sponsor buyout the rest of the tickets and donate them to charities, usually underprivilaged kids or military families. Its happened many times in the past and there is no rule against it. The NFL doesn't care who buys the tickets, only that the tickets are sold.