Fine Dining in Tempe, AZ

stuckincincy

Humorous war story time.....c'mon I need a laugh today.

864587[/snapback]

lol, I'll have to think of something more humorous, but the first thing that comes to mind was when I began a new job a few years ago...I walked into the break room with the woman who was precepting me, and there were about four other RNs sitting around a table debating the merits of 'swallowing' :bag:

Now a lot of guys may be like, "hell yeah!!!!", but trust me, when you first witness how female RNs can take an otherwise very provocative subject, strip it down into sterile clinical terms, and treat it as if it were nothing different than discussing the weather, it will put you in a very awkward position! lol I'm used to it now after five years, but the RN break room is one of the most unique workplace environments you'll ever come across :lol:

lol, I'll have to think of something more humorous, but the first thing that comes to mind was when I began a new job a few years ago...I walked into the break room with the woman who was precepting me, and there were about four other RNs sitting around a table debating the merits of 'swallowing'  :lol:

Now a lot of guys may be like, "hell yeah!!!!", but trust me, when you first witness how female RNs can take an otherwise very provocative subject, strip it down into sterile clinical terms, and treat it as if it were nothing different than discussing the weather, it will put you in a very awkward position! lol  I'm used to it now after five years, but the RN break room is one of the most unique workplace environments you'll ever come across :(

864775[/snapback]

Hey!... As I earlier wrote:

Hey my mother-in-law was (retired) a RN!

She started nursing shool in the 1950's... Where do you think she learned to smoke? While on coffee break!

Something doesn't wash here... She (my mother-in-law) said all she learned to do there was smoke cigs... Hope she didn't "water" anything down...

Boy have times changed!

:bag:

Hey!... As I earlier wrote:

Hey my mother-in-law was (retired) a RN!

She started nursing shool in the 1950's... Where do you think she learned to smoke? While on coffee break!

Something doesn't wash here... She (my mother-in-law) said all she learned to do there was smoke cigs...  Hope she didn't "water" anything down...

Boy have times changed!

:bag:

864787[/snapback]

The 'Nightengale' days are over, my friend :lol: It's a whole new ballgame now.

The 'Nightengale' days are over, my friend :)  It's a whole new ballgame now.

864790[/snapback]

Ya... But they are still "smoking"... How things progress...

:lol::(

I used to work with a guy that "came of age" during the 1950's... He summed it up as "The Great Pu**Y Famine."... All that changed with the sexual revolution of the 1960's I guess... It must be "feast or famine." :lol:

:lol::bag::lol:

Ya... But they are still "smoking"...  How things progress...

:lol:  :(

I used to work with a guy that "came of age" during the 1950's... He summed it up as "The Great Pu**Y Famine."... All that changed with the sexual revolution of the 1960's I guess...  It must be "feast or famine." :lol:

:lol::bag:  :lol:

864805[/snapback]

this is a bit of a digression, but the points you made reminded me of something I was thinking about the other day: Is there another culture out there that changes as rapidly as our own? You can see huge contrasts between decades in US culture, including our subcultures. Either other countries don't have anywhere near the same rate of change, or I just don't notice it. I think it's pretty interesting, actually. You can look at clothes, hear a piece of music, etc., from a particular decade over the past 100 years and have a very good idea where it dates back to. I wonder to what degree that occurs elsewhere?

this is a bit of a digression, but the points you made reminded me of something I was thinking about the other day: Is there another culture out there that changes as rapidly as our own? You can see huge contrasts between decades in US culture, including our subcultures. Either other countries don't have anywhere near the same rate of change, or I just don't notice it. I think it's pretty interesting, actually. You can look at clothes, hear a piece of music, etc., from a particular decade over the past 100 years and have a very good idea where it dates back to. I wonder to what degree that occurs elsewhere?

864811[/snapback]

That is a good point... I would bank it mostly started with the first consumer revolution here in the States' after WWI and during the roaring 1920's...

I am not sure what degree elesewhere... But, hazard a guess that the industrial rev (England) jump started it all...