Jonathan Vilma

Rubes

this is nothing new...Vilma has been invisible in the 3-4 this year...It's a shame...He was so promising in the 4-3 system.

862549[/snapback]

yeah, and even with him being 'promising', he still never stopped mcgahee.

this is nothing new...Vilma has been invisible in the 3-4 this year...It's a shame...He was so promising in the 4-3 system.

862549[/snapback]

Just a question what made you think Vilma would be good in a 3-4 scheme? Vilma is 6'1 230lb's and is made to be a sideline to sideline backer. He's not gonna be very effective as a ilb when he has to engage with guards in a 3-4 scheme. Ray Lewis looked like he was going downhill when the ravens switched to a 3-4. Not that Vilma is on the level of a Ray Lewis, but you would think you could tailor the defense to the centerpiece. Vilma is a great talent but completly useless in a scheme that negates his greatest strength.

Just a question what made you think Vilma would be good in  a 3-4 scheme?  Vilma is 6'1 230lb's and is made to be a sideline to sideline backer.  He's not gonna be very effective as a ilb when he has to engage with guards in a 3-4 scheme. Ray Lewis looked like he was going downhill when the ravens switched to a 3-4. Not that Vilma is on the level of a Ray Lewis, but you would think you could tailor the defense to the centerpiece.  Vilma is a great talent but completly useless in a scheme that negates his greatest strength.

862674[/snapback]

I completely agree...I mean, the guy has over 100 tackles this year, again...but that system completely takes away his playmaking ability...we are not seeing the sacks and interceptions that we have in the last couple of years...

It's tough to see what should be the heart and soul of the defense lost in the crowd of tacklers week in and week out.

862549[/snapback]

A good friend of McGahee, i would sign McGahee just to have a chance at influencing Vilma to Buffalo, or L.A. if we don't sell out the rest of the season and al of next.