Bottom Line: Where's this team headed

JoeF

What are your predictions?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What are your predictions?

• The Playoffs
    • January in front of the TV set like all of us
    • Still too soon to tell

Thought it might be a good day for a gut check on our prospects. Feel free to give your reasoning for your vote. Maybe someone else will do this again the week of the opener.

Me--I hate "too soon to tell votes", they are cop-outs....so I am going to go out on a limb and say playoffs...there is just too much darn talent on this team and I look at the rest of the AFC and say--who are shoe ins...

You could argue that:

New England

Indy

Baltimore or Cincy

KC

Are the division winners--

So we must compete against the likes of Tennessee, Houston, Jacksonville, Jets, Denver and the loser of the Divison between Cincy and Baltimore for the 2 wild cards....I am discounting San Diego, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Oakland and the Phins as playoff contenders which I am sure some will disagree with....I think we have better talent than every one of those teams but Tennessee and we are equal there...I am going out on a limb and saying playoffs...

One of those teams, either NE, Indy, Baltimore or KC will fail badly this year. It happens every single year, one team that everyone assumes will just roll in the AFC, based on last year's results, flops badly.

As much as I'd like it to be New England (hey, it happened the last time they won the SB), I'm guessing its going to be KC. That whole lack of defense thing really will bite them in the ass sooner rather then later.

I strongly believe the NE patriots season will be a rough one. They have been figured out. Even though it was a preseason game, look what cincy did. Very impressive. There will be more teams that will beat the NE patsy's. Say by running straight up the middle and right down there throats.

The bills will win the division. They are due for a great season. Why not the 2004 season. This team has been dormant as far as winning for a while.

Look out AFC east the Buffalo Bills are going to surprise alot of people/slash opposing teams coaching staffs.

GO BILLS WIN BABY WIN

I strongly believe the NE patriots season will be a rough one. They have been figured out. Even though it was a preseason game, look what cincy did. Very impressive. There will be more teams that will beat the NE patsy's. Say by running straight up the middle and right down there throats.

The bills will win the division. They are due for a great season. Why not the 2004 season. This team has been dormant as far as winning for a while.

Look out AFC east the Buffalo Bills are going to surprise alot of people/slash opposing teams coaching staffs.

GO BILLS WIN BABY WIN

3907[/snapback]

It'll be interesting to see how the NFL's appearent stricter enforcement of the 5-yard rule will affect NE, given that defenders whacking receivers on short patterns close to the LOS might rise in popularity. Their noted "short" passing game may change somewhat, to some deeper patterns...so Brady may be smacked down more. I expect their OL will have a rougher time of things also.

And without mugging of receivers, their defense might be affected, too.

But they are the champs until proven otherwise.

It'll be interesting to see how the NFL's appearent stricter enforcement of the 5-yard rule will affect NE, given that defenders whacking receivers on short patterns close to the LOS might rise in popularity. Their noted "short" passing game may change somewhat, to some deeper patterns...so Brady may be smacked down more. I expect their OL will have a rougher time of things also.

And without mugging of receivers, their defense might be affected, too.

But they are the champs until proven otherwise.

3917[/snapback]

So expect there defenders to get more penalties for playing dirty football :w00t:

So expect there defenders to get more penalties for playing dirty football :w00t:

3920[/snapback]

Could be. I listened to the game. NE had several 3 and outs, and despite keeping a lot of defensive starters on the field well into the 3rd qtr - some of them well into the 4th - they got pushed around. Their OL did little on the run.

The B'gals (missing 2 OL starters) marched on them all game, even with 2nd and 3rd stringers. And the B'gals are no powerhouse.

I understand that it's only the 2nd ps game, but I'm guessing that HC Belichek is a bit worried.

Archived