NFL = Not Focused League

Nanker

I for one think the NLF is out to lunch regarding the framework they've institutionalized regarding inter-conference play. The system they've fostered has blurred the distinction between the conferences at the expense of traditional rivalries within the conferences.

We seem to play New Orleans, Arizona and St. Louis more than we play San Diego, KC and Indy. And, no I didn't look it up. I'm too tired. Somebody else can do the research. It just seems that way to me. Every year we get four NFC teams for certain - and we'll get to play them again in four more years, but that's not much less than we're guaranteed to play other team in the conference - other than those in our division.

If they want each division within a conference to play another complete division in the other conference each year - then eliminate two of the four preseason games and extend the regular season to 18 games. Otherwise, let's just play two of those jackers a year so we can play two more from our own conference each year.

e.g., Year 1. AFCE plays NFCE (4 Games), H&A AFCE rivals (6 Games), AFCC (4 Games), AFCS (4 Games).

Year 2. AFCE plays NFCC (4 Games), H&A AFCE rivals (6 Games), AFCC (4 Games), AFCW (4 Games).

Year 3. AFCE plays NFCS (4 Games), H&A AFCE rivals (6 Games), AFCW (4 Games), AFCS (4 Games).

Anybody feel a real rivalry with KC, Oakland or Denver? How about Cleveland, Indy and Pittsburgh?

Screw the scheduling based on final standings from the previous year. Parity = Oatmeal

861187[/snapback]

No offense Nanker, but this has to be a nominee for worst thread of the year, in the unentertaining category. Eeeeeh. :(