Willis against the jets

Will wm get more grief if he has a good or bad day this week against the jets?

It seems like a stupid question but I think if willis has another big game against the jets people will be asking why he can't do it against anyone else. Is the only reason he has big days vs. the jets because he gets up to play his old buddy vilma, if so than it is a motivation problem.

If willis has another bad game then it would seem that the new line is just not very good a run blocking, especially against the jets who are among the worst at run defense

Willis gets grief regardless of what he does. People just don't like him, period. Try to dress it up in stats or comments he makes in the media or how ever you want, but at the end of the day they just don't like the guy.

Willis gets grief regardless of what he does.  People just don't like him, period.  Try to dress it up in stats or comments he makes in the media or how ever you want, but at the end of the day they just don't like the guy.

861210[/snapback]

It's true. I myself have a complicated relationship with dear Willis. I think if Willis' skill as an NFL running back were likened to those of an amateur golfer, he'd have a 20 handicap. There are spots of brilliance, steady mediocrity, and moments of shear disgust.

Willis gets grief regardless of what he does.  People just don't like him, period.  Try to dress it up in stats or comments he makes in the media or how ever you want, but at the end of the day they just don't like the guy.

861210[/snapback]

While it is true that the OL isn't that great Willis gets grief because he deserves it. If he would put his head down and plow through guys when he needed a yard for the 1st down he'd get less grief and more people would tend to blame the OL instead of Willis if he still wasn't effective. A 230+ pound back stopping, then starting behind the LoS tends to annoy people.