Lincoln 201 - Ohio State-Marion 78

millbank

201 - 78 basketball game score

The Lincoln University men's basketball team from Lincoln, Pa., had a record-breaking performance yesterday.

The Lions beat Ohio State-Marion 201-78 in Salem, W.Va., setting several Division III scoring records in the process.

Lincoln (5-1) set the D-III record for points in a game and points in a half with 104 in the second.

Senior guard Sami Wylie set the school record with 69 points and the D-III record with 21 three-pointers. Six other Lions hit double figures in scoring.

“I never saw anything like this before,” Lincoln coach Garfield Yuille said. “When it was happening, I couldn't believe it – we couldn't miss. Our offense is an up-tempo style, and we press the whole game. We had 48 steals and we're up and down the court. We just kept scoring and Wylie was on fire. Wylie had 21 threes in 24 minutes.”

:nana:

Maybe they could have retreated into 1/2 court D when they got up by 100.  :nana:

861110[/snapback]

But then they would have ruined their chance to be on Sportscenter, or something equally as inane. Good sportsmanship coach, I hope you lose the rest of your games.