My post trip review

1. Spikes is well on his way to being back on form. He was all over the field on Sunday - and even from the 200 level you could tell he was bringing it on every down. Awesome player.

2. There are a lot of racists in Buffalo. We are strangers in your town - why did you fell compelling to tell us racist jokes or ask us if we were Jews before you would talk to us?

3. 4am drinking? Are you kidding me? Everything is dead until 11.30pm and boom, Chippewa goes mental. I have to say though - it's not all it is billed to be. We had a great time and got absolutely slaughtered on Friday night, and again Saturday - but some of tyhe bars plain suck, and there really isn't a lot to choose from. Being English rocked though - 67West changed their playlist for the Brits, and 6699 gave us free champagne. Good times.

4. I met Lee Evans. I had lunch with him. Great guy. Pictures to follow.

5. Our offence is poo - but can make things happen every now and again. That first half against San Diego was pitiful, I was embarrassed. Thanks to the D for keeping them in it - I am still hoarse from the shouting in the third quarter.

6. Pinto Kenny is a legend.

7. Thanks for the hug Harriet. Good to see you again. You too Lori. Sorry I didn't hang around longer - my friend was moaning about the cold!

8. The O Line. Looks to me like we could have a unit there that really comes together and does well down the stretch. I think we should look hard at the guard spots and centre spot over the off season, but I don't think you need to change the starters unless you have a can't miss player like Nick Mangold available.

9. Buffalo Bills football is the greatest in the NFL. I love every minute of the game and the Sunday and the tailgating and everything about it. Great times.

10. Everyone in Buffalo is so friendly. Maybe it's because I am British?

11. The guys at the Big Tree made a huge effort to make me and Greg welcome. And gave us some grat advice. It was good to hang out somewhere different this trip - and Brian will be wearing a London Blitz jersey soon!

12. Van Miller is a sweet old man - and I was very proud to stand on the stage in the fieldhouse with him and talk football. He saw my London Blitz jersey and told anyone who'd listen that he had one too! He even posed for pictures saying his catchphrases! It's FANDEMONIUM!

13. I drove a big GMC Envoy. Good driving.

There's more, but that's just a quick take on my little trip. If I missed some of you at the game or in the town, I'm sorry - but there is always next year.

Sounds like an awesome trip. Lunch with Evans....care to elaborate a little on that....sounds great.

I hope to make the journey there one day myself....when I'm a bit older(read more financially secure).

Pity about point #2....... :blink:

I'm sincerely jealous. :)

Sounds like an awesome trip.  Lunch with Evans....care to elaborate a little on that....sounds great.

I hope to make the journey there one day myself....when I'm a bit older(read more financially secure).

Pity about point #2....... :blink:

I'm sincerely jealous. :)

860198[/snapback]

Lunch with Lee was a fluke of timing and being in the right place at the right time. But I met him twice, and we had a good time.

Lunch with Lee was a fluke of timing and being in the right place at the right time.  But I met him twice, and we had a good time.

860211[/snapback]

Racial part...sorry you had to witness that!! Were better than that!!! :)

Racial part...sorry you had to witness that!! Were better than that!!! :)

860234[/snapback]

Apparantly not - it wasn't an isolated incident. In 3 different places by three different people I witnessed:

Antisemitism

Derogatory use of the word '!@#$'

Quietly but derogatorily referring to blacks as 'those people'

We were shocked.

Apparantly not - it wasn't an isolated incident.  In 3 different places by three different people I witnessed:

Antisemitism

We were shocked.

860237[/snapback]

Yeah, but they were nice racists.

But it's not in Buffalo. It's everywhere. Just yesterday I was standing in line and the black dude in front of me was on his cellphone complaining to someone about this "cracker" he ran into. It hurt me, but I let it go because I didn't want to upset the WOP behind me.

2. There are a lot of racists in Buffalo.  We are strangers in your town - why did you fell compelling to tell us racist jokes or ask us if we were Jews before you would talk to us?

3. 4am drinking? Are you kidding me?  Everything is dead until 11.30pm and boom, Chippewa goes mental.  I have to say though - it's not all it is billed to be.  We had a great time and got absolutely slaughtered on Friday night, and again Saturday - but some of tyhe bars plain suck, and there really isn't a lot to choose from.  Being English rocked though - 67West changed their playlist for the Brits, and 6699 gave us free champagne.  Good times.

10.  Everyone in Buffalo is so friendly.  Maybe it's because I am British?

but there is always next year.

860184[/snapback]

So we are a bunch of friendly, racist, drunks with crappy bars....but you're coming back? See how Buffalo grows on you?

So we are a bunch of friendly, racist, drunks with crappy bars....but you're coming back?  See how Buffalo grows on you?

860244[/snapback]

Oh did I add that drinks costs about a quarter what they do here in London...? OF COURSE I'll be back.

The bars weren't crappy - just not as GREAT as billed. But they were good times nonetheless. You should try being British in Buffalo :w00t::):blink:

Apparantly not - it wasn't an isolated incident.  In 3 different places by three different people I witnessed:

Antisemitism

We were shocked.

860237[/snapback]

Where the heck were you hanging out? :)

I lived in Buffalo for four years and never heard racial slurs with any kind of regularity. There was the occasional idiot, of course, but no more than anywhere else I've ever lived.

As for anti-semintism, that is an interesting perspective given that Buffalo has a pretty significant Jewish population, at least in some areas.

2. There are a lot of racists in Buffalo.  We are strangers in your town - why did you fell compelling to tell us racist jokes or ask us if we were Jews before you would talk to us?

10.  Everyone in Buffalo is so friendly.  Maybe it's because I am British?

860184[/snapback]

Well which is it mate?

That second one seems to have come from someone who probably saw Borat fifty times.

Sorry I missed you - went over to Pole 5 ~10:30-11am looking for you. Spoke to Jack and Lori for a little while, they said that you had been there earlier, but that you were a tall guy walking around with a "Manning" jersey...I looked around, but didn't see you.

Sounds like a good trip - maybe I'll meet you next year.

Antisemitism

We were shocked.

860237[/snapback]

Well Nick this country is thankfully moving away from being politically correct.

Ethnic and racial slurs against all creeds are hilarious, see Dave Chapelle, or Carlos Mencia for example.

Racism is ridiculous when it's actually believed and based on hate, when it's humor related I'd beg to find something funnier.

Yeah, but they were nice racists.

But it's not in Buffalo. It's everywhere. Just yesterday I was standing in line and  the black dude in front of me was on his cellphone complaining to someone about this "cracker" he ran into. It hurt me, but I let it go because I didn't want to upset the WOP behind me.

860243[/snapback]

LOL, you know what I'm a dumb mick drunk frenchie bastard myself. I'm also a stupid polak. I have plenty of spick and !@#$ friends though and even dated a nice gook girl once.

People need to let go and just let the "slurs" become funny, I swear racial humor when directed at all creeds is the funniest sh_t you'll ever hear.

End political correctness now.

LOL, you know what I'm a dumb mick drunk frenchie bastard myself.  I'm also a stupid polak.  I have plenty of spick and !@#$ friends though and even dated a nice gook girl once.

People need to let go and just let the "slurs" become funny, I swear racial humor when directed at all creeds is the funniest sh_t you'll ever hear.

End political correctness now.

860982[/snapback]

Says the guy who has a history (at least recent) of being a bigot...

:nana: