When you think of an idiom

ieatcrayonz

I never understood the US's problems with Canada seeing as how we never really did anything to you. Canadains aren't jumping the border to go be cheap labourers in NY state like Mexicans are in Texas and California, we supply good NHLers to your teams, and typically just sit up above you like the quiet neighbor who is willing to lend you a cup of sugar or their power tools when needed. We also don't seem to mind being used as a hiding spot for your draft dodgers.

Sure, we did give you guys Celine Dion, Anne Murray, and Alanis Morrissette, but I think we payed you guys back by also giving you Pamela Anderson, Elisha Cuthbert, and Racheal McAdams.

You've been in the North too long!

Try 5-10 in the South...you pick the spot from Texas to S. California.

How many Canadians do you know that rely on free US:  food, medical, legal and educational assistance?  And represent 30% of our federal prison population!

Did I say FREE?  That's free to them but you will end up paying for it.  :wallbash:  :w00t:

860574[/snapback]

But they're Canadian.

Two Canadians are sitting in a bar, and getting bored. They decide to play 20 questions. The first Canadian tries to think of a word and after a little pondering comes up with the word: moosecock.

The second Canadian tries his first question, "Is it something good to eat?"

The first guy thinks a moment then laughs and replies "Sure, I suppose you could eat it."

The second Canadian says, "Is it moosecock?

When you hear the word idiom, what do you think of?

Canadians.  Of course.  You can't help it.  It's just the way the brain works.

[/i]

860099[/snapback]

I believe this test is used to check for idiomicy. I was able to get several correct.

linky

I believe that this test originated in Canada, but question 6 makes me think that a Korean was involved as well.

I never understood the US's problems with Canada seeing as how we never really did anything to you. Canadains  aren't jumping the border to go be cheap labourers in NY state like Mexicans are in Texas and California, we supply good NHLers to your teams, and typically just sit up above you like the quiet neighbor who is willing to lend you a cup of sugar or their power tools when needed. We also don't seem to mind being used as a hiding spot for your draft dodgers.

Sure, we did give you guys Celine Dion, Anne Murray, and Alanis Morrissette, but I think we payed you guys back by also giving you Pamela Anderson, Elisha Cuthbert, and Racheal McAdams.

860643[/snapback]

Please take back Michael J. Fox and while you're at it, you can have the remains of Peter Jennings back too.

I know she is a Canadian sex symbol but let's face it,  :nana: .

I think Sammy would have run as she approached.  Your theory does not hold water. 

Let me re-phrase that in Canadian.  Your theory does not hold ice.

860419[/snapback]

You know what else doesn't hold ice? Capri Sun®

I never understood the US's problems with Canada seeing as how we never really did anything to you. Canadains  aren't jumping the border to go be cheap labourers in NY state like Mexicans are in Texas and California, we supply good NHLers to your teams, and typically just sit up above you like the quiet neighbor who is willing to lend you a cup of sugar or their power tools when needed. We also don't seem to mind being used as a hiding spot for your draft dodgers.

860643[/snapback]

Buffalo was burned to the ground... True Newark was burned by the Americans... Yet, the whole Niagara frontier got retaliated against... There was no human loss of life in Newark... Yet in Buffalo, there was the massacre of familes on the Niagara frontier... True it was by the Brits, but your founding countrymen backed the Brits... :nana::nana:

And you questioned my eating of poutine sans fromage...

;):lol::doh::doh::bag:;)

You know what else doesn't hold ice?  Capri Sun®

861173[/snapback]

I wonder if it is an accident that Canadian and Capri Sun both start with the same two letters. I may look into that.

If I find out Capri means "We get two months of the year where we can actually see the" then I think I'm onto something.