the guy M&M wanted for offensive coordinator

Justice

Pittsburgh's current offensive coordinator. I don't know what his name is but he seams to have a better grasp of calling plays. I remember reading an article about TD pressuring M&M to select Clements as his offensive coordinator. Maybe TD should let his coaches coach!

he's right about mularkay wanting the guy from pitt....but the steelers weren't going to let him go and he didn't want to go....that's why mularkay had to fall back on clements....td did not pressure mularkay

I don't have a link,

but I read the same thing in more than one place,

including some Pittsburgh sites.

MM wanted former NFL TE Ken Whisenhut (sp?) to be his OC.

62644[/snapback]

You are correct Rico, he did want Wisenhunt. But his not coming had nothing to do with TD wanting Clements (not sure if you were implying). b.harami98 is way off base on that one. Wisenhunt (sp?) was happy to stay in Pburg and become OC there.

Odd, I don't remember reading anything about Whisenhunt, and I'm not finding anything to back it up.

But I do seem to recall reading in an issue of Bills Digest that at the beginning of the 2003 season, MM went to Clements and suggested he start thinking like a coordinator during games (i.e., what plays he'd consider for particular down/distance situations), while Mularkey was going to start gameplanning as if he was the HC (clock management, challenges, etc.). If Whisenhunt was his first choice, one would think MM would've made that suggestion to him instead.

Precious.

There were never any stories about Mularkey "wanting" Whisenhunt before they got here.

The only thing that came out was a story out of Pitt, AFTER Clements bolted for Buffalo with MM, that said, "Oh yeah, we kept Whisenhunt, and we got better of it because he's really the guy MM wanted." Yeah, ok.

Give the conspiracy a rest, folks.

The conspiracy is about TD insisting that MM hire Clements instead of Whisenhunt.  Where in the article does it say that TD was pulling MM's strings?

62719[/snapback]

2/3rds down. The article states, "Mularkey, playing the flunky, was B word slapped by Donohoe at the suggestion of hiring Whisenhunt".

I don't know where the 'conspiracy' idea came up, but I'm sure that a Grand Poobah has some influence over hiring posts like OC.

No conspiracy from me.

Like Beerball said, I don't remember seeing anything about TD forcing the choice,

just that MM wanted Whizzy-who.

Besides, it's far too early to judge TC based on only 3 games IMO.

You gotta royally suck for at least a year to reach official whipping boy status with me. <_<

The conspiracy is about TD insisting that MM hire Clements instead of Whisenhunt.  Where in the article does it say that TD was pulling MM's strings?

62719[/snapback]

Also interesting that the local media never mentioned anything? Hmmmm, possibly a bunch of Mularkey?

NCA, the first link is a Pgh paper (I remember reading that at the time, and it was the ONLY article that ever mentioned that), and the second is an article written AFTER that Pgh article that obviously could have used that article as a source. I mean who do you think told these reporters that Mularkey allegedly wanted Whisenhunt over Clements? Take a guess.

TD interfered with every decision and that is why we're 0-3. He told Mularkey who to hire for every coaching job and even the janitors. I don't who told me this but it is a real good source from what I remember. I think it was somebody who once worked for the Bills

I hate to interject into this with a off based question but....

What the hell has Clements done to all of a sudden make him unworthy of being OUR offensive coordinator......

- I can also recall several articles that said it was time for Tom Clements to make the dive....and several comments from around the league that he was a excellent OC in the making.....

- I myself see NO PROBLEM with the playcalling he is using....we are running more then passing.....we are taking deep shots here and there........THE PLAYERS ARE NOT EXECUTING THE OFFENSE....for crying out loud you got receivers dropping balls......running backs going the wrong way on plays.......

When the players are messing themselves up....the offense is moving right down the field......