Brian Leonard

Frez

a tenacious blocker and threat to run or catch the ball from the backfield. Leonard has rushed for 2,731 yards and 1,862 receiving yards during his career.

Tenacious blocker...hmmm...I doubt if he will make it to the second round though. I'm thinking Cory Anderson of Tennessee if he makes it to the third. The killer blocker fullback would be a nice addition, but our other needs will use up rounds one and two, and no way Leonard is going to last that long. He'll be a nice catch for someone!

a tenacious blocker and threat to run or catch the ball from the backfield. Leonard has rushed for 2,731 yards and 1,862 receiving yards during his career.

Tenacious blocker...hmmm...I doubt if he will make it to the second round though.  I'm thinking Cory Anderson of Tennessee if he makes it to the third.  The killer blocker fullback would be a nice addition, but our other needs will use up rounds one and two, and no way Leonard is going to last that long. He'll be a nice catch for someone!

858808[/snapback]

People (including me) were thinking similar things about Matt Bernstein last year. He didn't get drafted. Marv really has to upgrade FB this offseason; it is as important as OL. And it can be done later --- maybe a comp pick. Shelton is getting old and, sorry to say, his skills are declining.

I'm not sold on BL, and certainly not as early as that. I have been very impressed with Michael Cox from Georgia Tech in 4 games I saw. Hell of a blocker with a nose for clearing a path at the GL; also has good hands and has lined up as a TE.

People (including me) were thinking similar things about Matt Bernstein last year. He didn't get drafted. Marv really has to upgrade FB this offseason; it is as important as OL. And it can be done later --- maybe a comp pick. Shelton is getting old and, sorry to say, his skills are declining.

I'm not sold on BL, and certainly not as early as that. I have been very impressed with Michael Cox from Georgia Tech in 4 games I saw. Hell of a blocker with a nose for clearing a path at the GL; also has good hands and has lined up as a TE.

859171[/snapback]

For what it's worth Joe DeLamielleure was high on Leonard and feels be a good NFL FB. As he was on Schoop and the Bulldog's show a few weeks talking about him. I agree we need an upgrade at FB but like many things we should be able to find one on the 2nd day of the draft.

I like Leonard, but I don't see him as being anything more than a situational/special teams player in the NFL.

858825[/snapback]

I think you're right, and you can count me as a Leonard backer. I don't think he's as good as Moose was coming out of Sackaruse awhile back, but he is a quality guy.

Tenacious blocker...hmmm...I doubt if he will make it to the second round though.  I'm thinking Cory Anderson of Tennessee if he makes it to the third.  The killer blocker fullback would be a nice addition, but our other needs will use up rounds one and two, and no way Leonard is going to last that long. He'll be a nice catch for someone!

858808[/snapback]

I'd eat my shoe if this guy is picked in the first round. Probably 3rd at the absolute earliest and much more likely 2nd day. We'll see exactly how big he is at the combine and how well he's really able to move.

I wouldn't object to having him. It would be nice to have a guy that can do some damage offensively from the FB position. Could maybe even use as a bit of an H-back if he can catch the ball.

I'd eat my shoe if this guy is picked in the first round.  Probably 3rd at the absolute earliest and much more likely 2nd day.  We'll see exactly how big he is at the combine and how well he's really able to move. 

I wouldn't object to having him.  It would be nice to have a guy that can do some damage offensively from the FB position.  Could maybe even use as a bit of an H-back if he can catch the ball.

859203[/snapback]

The nice thing about Leonard is that he can catch the ball and is a tough, unselfish dude. I'd be happy with him on the squad, but I wouldn't move around any to get him.

Is 235 heavy enough to be a blocking fullback in the pros?

859199[/snapback]

... No.

859209[/snapback]

Well, he would gain an ounce or two at the Pro training table.

That, roids, workouts and age have a tendency to put on the lbs. - if you know what I mean.

First, FB's don't go until day 2 no matter how good. Second, we probably won't bother anyways :doh: , and third, there is this stuff called human growth hormone that the NFL doesn't even test for which will take care of that 235lb frame before the combine. :w00t:

First, FB's don't go until day 2 no matter how good. Second, we probably won't bother anyways :doh: , and third, there is this stuff called human growth hormone that the NFL doesn't even test for which will take care of that 235lb frame before the combine. :w00t:

859596[/snapback]

There is no test for HGH......