Do YOU believe in God?

Buffan00

Does that mean you're getting me something?  :)

858727[/snapback]

That's just what I was going to ask you. What are you getting me? That TV you talked about on theTCD forum? Just make sure you don't mix up my gift with Lana's like you did last year. Man the wife was steamed for quite some time...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just what I was going to ask you.  What are you getting me?  That TV you talked about on theTCD forum?  Just make sure you mix up my gift with Lana's like you did last year.  Man the wife was steamed for quite some time...

859113[/snapback]

I think Fez said he was getting all of us gifts this year, so I figured I'd let him lead the way :)

That's just what I was going to ask you.  What are you getting me?  That TV you talked about on theTCD forum?  Just make sure you mix up my gift with Lana's like you did last year.  Man the wife was steamed for quite some time...

859113[/snapback]

I deserve a gift more than you do. :)

I deserve a gift more than you do.  :)

859126[/snapback]

I'm afraid to ask him why he would want another pair of silk panties and a crotchless night gown :)

What the hell houses is he talking about?  It seems like Christmas decorations get more nuts every year.  Now we have those giant inflatable snowmen and snowglobes.  Not to mention that Christmas decorations show up earlier and earlier every year.

It's possible this guy is just blind.

858936[/snapback]

Exactly...

My decorating "ebbs and flows" form year to year... One year many, other's not so many.

Depends on the weather... If it is warm and I am ahead of maintenance or what no that year... I put more up... If the weather is crappy, I may not.

There is different variables in how I decorate... Not just God.

This year... Most of my outside icicle lights are puked... I might not put them up...

So far I just put up the wreath and green spots...

Start with the premise that there is no God and then try to figure out how the universe came into being. When your head stops hurting you'll have your answer.

859049[/snapback]

Where did God come from? And why would 'He' be interested in one insignificant species on one insignificant planet in one insignificant solar system in a non-descript galaxy? Why would 'He' possibly care about humans, when 'He' to us is infinitely more than us to ants? What do we care about ants?

The belief in God is a relic from the past. 'He' has no further purpose. All 'He' ever was, was a stand-in for nature and mankind's lack of knowledge.

Where did God come from?  And why would 'He' be interested in one insignificant species on one insignificant planet in one insignificant solar system in a non-descript galaxy?  Why would 'He' possibly care about humans, when 'He' to us is infinitely more than us to ants?  What do we care about ants? 

The belief in God is a relic from the past.  'He' has no further purpose.  All 'He' ever was, was a stand-in for nature and mankind's lack of knowledge.

859220[/snapback]

Where does "social conscience" fit into your take?

Nature or in mankind's lack of knowledge?

The "seven social sins":

Knowledge without character

Science without humanity

Wealth without work

Commerce without morality

Politics without principles

Pleasure without conscience

Worship without self-sacrifice

- Mahatma Gandhi

:)

As a son of two born-agains, I am a true non-believer. Here's why:

1) If God is both infallible and good, then HOW could he create an imperfect humanity? That is, unless he's a masochist and likes to see people suffer. That would make him evil rather than good. That's the first inherent contradiction.

2) Secondly, if God existed and God was indeed good, why would he allow people to slaughter each other over his very name?

3) What's more likely...a God that created man in his own image or a man that created God in his own image?

If God is God and not man (and not God created in man's image) how can we comprehend God's plan. Given that God if God existed created time/space and whatever we have how could we dare to think we will understand God's "will" assuming whatever it is God has is comparable to what we think of as a "will". If we were a speck on the mural of the Vatican could we comprehend what the rest of mural looks like or what the mural would look like from the floor of the Vatican, let alone comprehend what was in the artist's mind when he created the mural? That being the case the only thing we can have is faith...assuming we want to make a leap of faith. If we don't want to make that leap, we are free to do so.

e, I'm convinced there is some kind of intelligent design, but I base it on faith, not on a Bible Koran or Jesus, Mohammed, the pope or Jerry Falwell.