what is the worst job you ever had....

taterhill

Cleaning the Meat Department at Tops (consistently worst job)

Cleaning the grease pit under the sink at McDonalds (smelliest job)

Selling Thermalguard windows (shortest job I ever had)

859286[/snapback]

Which Tops did you clean at? When? I used to work in the meat department at the one on Deleware, near Hertel (no longer there) for about 6 years...

Funny, I almost listed that as my worst job, but the more I thought about it, I think it might have been my best job. We used to have a blast there...it was hard work, busy as hell, but I loved the people I worked with...there was a lot of commaradrie, something I have never really experienced anywhere else (other than playing sports) the work itself sucked...but most days, I loved going into work...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was Georgie the Snowman for the Lake George Winter Carnival for the month of February back in 2000. It had its perks though. I would drink for free in any one of the bars while in costume. I had women grabbing my balls asking me if they were "snow balls". I would ride on the back of snowmobiles, quads, trucks. I would appear on TV. In retrospect, it may have been the best job I ever had.

Seasonal work at the Erie county fairgrounds while in college. They hired some people a few weeks before the fair to help with set up. Both years I worked there I got stuck setting up the bleachers on the infield of the race track. That was brutal. When the fair started though it was a great job. They split us up into groups of four and gave us an area of the grounds we were responsible for keeping clean. We'd get there at 7 AM to clean up, but when the gates opened and it began to get crowded we would just disappear. I would go play 18 holes of golf on most days and then come back around 6 or 7 to make sure things were ok in my area. There was one guy in another crew that had a regular 9 to 5 job that he would go and work and then come back and punch out at 11 PM.