(OT) Fantasy FB Question

JimBob2232

Well...my team that shocked the world when i posted my roster here after the draft is now 0-4.

My Current RBs

Green

Henry

Taylor

Barber

My Current TEs

Boo Williams

LJ Smith

I was offered Taylor for Crumpler. Do I do it?

I also have Vick/McNair and Roth as QB

WRs: Stallworth, Roy Williams, Muhammad and Stokley

I think Crumpler would be a good upgrade at TE, and I dont lose much (perhaps I even gain) if i start henry or barber instead of taylor....

Well...my team that shocked the world when i posted my roster here after the draft is now 0-4. 

My Current RBs

Green

Henry

Taylor

Barber

My Current TEs

Boo Williams

LJ Smith

I was offered Taylor for Crumpler.  Do I do it?

I think Crumpler would be a good upgrade at TE, and I dont lose much (perhaps I even gain) if i start henry or barber instead of taylor....

62447[/snapback]

Unless TE's are a major source of points in your league, I don't see why you'd trade a highly rated RB for one. I know you have depth at the position, but you must be able to get more for Fred than a TE.

Unless TE's are a major source of points in your league, I don't see why you'd trade a highly rated RB for one. I know you have depth at the position, but you must be able to get more for Fred than a TE.

62454[/snapback]

I'm with you on that one - more information on league scoring is needed.

I would probably trade Henry before I traded Taylor. I won my league last year with Taylor and the Edge in my backfield. Taylor gets better as the year goes on.

62454[/snapback]

I agree. No TE is consistant enough to even consider giving up a premier back. btw, Henry should be your fourth RB out of that group. Why not try to package one of your solid RB and a good WR in exchange for a premier WR (Holt or Harrison).

As for TE, Boo may still come around.

My Current RBs

Green

Henry

Taylor

Barber

My Current TEs

Boo Williams

LJ Smith

62447[/snapback]

If you haven't been starting Barber you've made a huge mistake. The guy scoring the most points in my league is doing so because his RBs "sucked", or at least that's what we thought after the draft...Barber and Martin...I still think they'll both tail off a bit, but get all the points out of Barber you can while he's hot.

And no, a slight increase in your TE points isn't worth giving another owner a quality RB...sometimes the best strategy is keeping good players on your bench away from other owners...though a better strat is packaging a few of your players together (a starter and a guy on your bench) together for an top flight player...A TE is a waste of time in most leagues.

So, I have now been offered Harrison for Tiki Barber...Do I do it? I mean, Barber is playing way over his head, and harrison is treading water. If this was week 1, i do it in a second. If I had any confidence in henry or taylor i do it in a second. But now im not so sure...

So, I have now been offered Harrison for Tiki Barber...Do I do it?  I mean, Barber is playing way over his head, and harrison is treading water.  If this was week 1, i do it in a second.  If I had any confidence in henry or taylor i do it in a second.  But now im not so sure...

67213[/snapback]

Based on the relative strength of your RB v. WR, I would do it. Harrison is a major impact player who will continue to excel. The Giants are on a nice run now, but that could end -- they just lost one of their WRs. I think teams are going to start keying on Tiki anyway and forcing Warner to beat them via the air. Remember....buy low, sell high. The time to unload Tiki for good value is now.

Based on the relative strength of your RB v. WR, I would do it.  Harrison is a major impact player who will continue to excel.  The Giants are on a nice run now, but that could end -- they just lost one of their WRs.  I think teams are going to start keying on Tiki anyway and forcing Warner to beat them via the air.  Remember....buy low, sell high.  The time to unload Tiki for good value is now.

67246[/snapback]

Agree, you know Harrison is going to be good, Tiki, you don't know what you get. Although, I do have him, he is one of the only guys that's doing anything for me, but I don't know how long that will last.

My Current RBs

Green

Henry

Taylor

Barber

My Current TEs

Boo Williams

LJ Smith

62447[/snapback]

you're nuts, don't do it, a good RB is twice as valuable as a good TE. If I were you Id look to upgrade and get a 1st or 2nd tier receiver for a RB. PLus, LJ Smith has been tearin' it up in philly this year,