Those AWESOME Sabres Concept Jersies

stevestojan

I see people every day wearing ridiculous crap.  No one exhibits any of the behaviors you're apparently expecting, which doesn't change the fact that what they're wearing is ridiculous.

The Slug is like parachute pants.  20 years from now you're going to see a picture of yourself wearing that garbage and wonder what the hell you were thinking.

858710[/snapback]

Or 20 years from now your going to look at it and say, those were some good times, winning all those cups

When you look at it, the Sabres have been most successful wearing these logos, second to the "Goathead" (which I still don't quite understand why its called that) and then the originals.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or 20 years from now your going to look at it and say, those were some good times, winning all those cups

You'll forgive me for not putting that particular cart before my horse. As far as that goes, you'll never see me in anything with Sluggalo on it.

When you look at it, the Sabres have been most successful wearing these logos, second to the "Goathead" (which I still don't quite understand why its called that) and then the originals.

858746[/snapback]

So? Doesn't change the fact that the uniform sucks.

I find it amusing that you insist you are not worked up over the issue yet make it a point to call the logo an "abominable snot smear" at every opportunity.  :)

858686[/snapback]

Actually, I pass up the opportunity to call the abominable snot smear an abominable snot smear several times every day. ;)

That I refer to something by its rightful and proper name doesn't mean I am worked up by it.

It also doesn't mitigate your penchant for hyperbole on the subject. :)

Believe it or not, I've actually walked down the street wearing a t-shirt w/ the "ridiculous" logo and have yet to be laughed at, shunned, or barred entrance to my favorite watering hole.  Women haven't screamed, children haven't cried -- it has all been rather normal.  I've actually had several folks see my gear and comment on how well the Sabres are playing.

The "stand" you and others are taking against a logo that, quite simply, isn't as bad as you make it out to be, is the truly ridiculous part of the whole thing.

858696[/snapback]

Not my point.

I don't wear it, not because I am afraid I would be laughed at, I don't wear it because I think it looks stupid.

The same thing with tattoos. I personally don't like them, doesn't mean I think NO ONE should have them. I just choose not to get one.

I am not taking a "stand" either way, mearly stating that I don't wish to spend money on something that looks ugly to me. As I said, you want to wear something I find ugly, go ahead and disagree and wear to your hearts content. Different strokes to move the world as they say...

It's just pretty silly to hear people say "I won't spend a dime on this ugly logo." Spending money on the Sabres and their merchandise does help to keep the team financially viable and ensure they stay in Buffalo -- isn't that what we all want?

I said I wouldn't spend a dime on Sluggo, not the Sabres. Instead I'll put on my LaFontaine authentic circa 1993 and go to an xtra game.

I said I wouldn't spend a dime on Sluggo, not the Sabres.  Instead I'll put on my LaFontaine authentic circa 1993 and go to an xtra game.

858881[/snapback]

Exactly. I'm really excited about owning a throwback if they ever decide to sell them.